Moussa Louizi is a partner within the Amsterdam Banking & Finance practice with over 15 years of experience. He focuses on finance and debt capital market transactions. Moussa primarily works for financial institutions, corporates, asset managers and institutional investors. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked with one of the Big 4 and with a Magic Circle firm for over a decade both in Europe (Amsterdam) and the Middle East (Dubai). Moussa has also been seconded as a senior in-house counsel to ABN AMRO Bank.
Moussa Louizi is a finance lawyer with extensive and broad experience in asset based and structured financings, balance sheet liability management transactions, as well as capital markets and direct lending structures. He regularly advises both issuers and managers, as well as lenders and borrowers on a broad spectrum of finance transactions ranging from trade receivables and supply-chain financing, portfolio transfers, securitizations, structured financings, EMTN programmes, corporate hybrid offerings, (CRD compliant) bank capital and Green/ESG bond issuances.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised NIBC Bank N.V. on its issuance of the first fully ESG compliant European Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO), EUR 410 million North Westerly VI. This landmark transaction has been awarded the IFLR Europe 2021 "Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year".
- Advised the Security Trustee on various RMBS issuances by Dutch Property Finance entities with RNHB B.V. acting as originator of the underlying buy-to-let mortgage loans (2017-2021).
- Acted for several financial institutions and corporates on multijurisdictional non-recourse and limited recourse trade receivables financing and purchasing programmes.
- Advised in structuring and setting-up the AGRI3 Fund which is initiated by Rabobank and the UN Environment Programme to mitigate climate change. The AGRI3 Fund aims to unlock at least USD 1 billion in finance for sustainable agriculture and accelerate forest protection.
- Acted for OCI N.V. on its offering of USD 400 million Senior Secured Notes due 2025 and EUR 400 million Senior Secured Notes due 2025.
- Advised a Dutch asset manager with its investment in a privately securitized portfolio of prime Dutch residential mortgage loans originated by a Dutch financial institution.
- Advised Volkswagen AG on its EUR 3 billion hybrid bonds consisting of a tranche with an aggregate principal amount of EUR 1.5 billion with a first call date in 2025 and a tranche with an aggregate principal amount of EUR 1.5 billion with a first call date in 2029.
- Advised LeasePlan Corporation N.V. on its inaugural EUR 500 million Deeply Subordinated Additional Tier 1 Fixed Rate Resettable Callable Capital Securities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Radboud University - Guest Lecturer Islamic Finance and Private Comparative Law
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten) - Member
- Association for Financial Law - Member
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LL.M. Finance Law - Distinction)
- Tilburg University (LL.M. Tax Law)
- Tilburg University (LL.B. Law)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.