Baker & McKenzie
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Louis Liu's practice encompasses a range of fields including mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, antitrust, employment, and general corporate and commercial matters. He also has advised many multinational corporations in IT, green energy, financial services, and venture capital industries on matters including M&A, strategic alliances, structured financings, joint ventures, franchise and distribution arrangements, employee relations, capital markets transactions, and cross-border disputes.
Mr. Liu has led several significant M&A deals in Taiwan involving complicated deal structures and major regulatory issues, His experience also includes Taiwan antitrust and competition matters and employment law. In addition, he has been involved in a number of significant projects for Japanese companies investing in Taiwan and has advised them on a wide range of regulatory compliance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions / Direct Investment
- Representation of a financial holding company in its attempt acquisition of the consumer banking business of a foreign bank in Taiwan
- Representation of a financial holding company in its acquisition of and the merger with another financial holding company
- Representation of a Japanese multinational company in its tender offer of 33.4% to 48% of the shares in a company listed on Taiwan Stock Exchange
- Representation of OTC listed Taiwanese company on its tender offer transaction with a Japanese multi-national company
- Representation of a Japanese multinational company in its acquisition projects respectively in Singapore, Taiwan and China
- Representation of a Taiwanese multinational company in connection with its acquisition of a private company in Italy
- Representation of a financial holding company in its contemplated acquisition of a financial institution in South Asia
- Representation of a US multinational company in connection with its acquisition of 9% new shares in an OTC listed company in Taiwan through private placement
- Nominated as "Leaders in Their Fields" in banking and finance, Chambers Global, 2007-2012
- Nominated in Employment, Chambers Global, 2009-2012
- New York~United States (2000)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.) (1998)
- National Chung-Hsing University (LL.B.) (1992)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.