Juan Levario leads as head of the Labor & Employment Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Juarez office. He was appointed as President of the Local Labor Board for the City of Juarez in 1997, and held the position of the Director of the Labour Department for the State of Chihuahua from 1996 to 1998. He is currently the President of the Labour Commission of COPARMEX and member of the Labor Competitiveness Program of Desarrollo Economico in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
Juan’s practice focuses on, strategic labor planning and on individual and collective employment-related litigation. He advises on preventive consultancy in human resources matters, particularly in complex and cross-border transactions. He has also counseled on employee benefits and executive compensation plans, executive mobility, pension plans, social security matters, and negotiations with unions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- COPARMEX (employers union) - President of the Labor Commission
- Mexican Academy of Labour, Welfare, and Social Security Laws - Academic member
- INDEX Juarez (Maquiladora Association) - Member of the Labour Commission
- Juarez Economic Development Association - Director of the Legal Commission of the Executive Council of Labor Competitiveness
- Rotary International - President of the Juarez Ejecutivo Rotary Club; Secretary of District 4110
- Mexico (1993)
- Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (M.C.L. Honors Honors) (1994)
- Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua Law School (JD) (1994)
- Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (JD) (1993)
Various seminars relating to individual labor law, collective labor law, and labor procedural law.
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.