Marcia Lee is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group. She focuses on privacy/data protection, technology, media & telecommunications (TMT), internet regulatory issues, consumer law protection, e-commerce, and healthcare.
Marcia advises clients in a broad range of industry sectors, including TMT and consumer goods, on privacy/data protection, e-commerce, consumer law protection, and telecommunications/internet regulatory issues. She has assisted a number of clients on regional privacy compliance projects, reviewing documents such as privacy notices and data processing agreements. She also has experience in regulatory and compliance issues such as product labelling and advertising, and advises clients in the healthcare sector on regulatory issues relevant to the industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a number of multi-national companies with review of their data privacy policies, procedures, and data governance frameworks, including direct marketing practices.
- Assisted clients with responses to investigations from the Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner.
- Advised clients on data privacy and cybersecurity compliance in Hong Kong and across the APAC region, including data breach reporting requirements.
- Advised a luxury retail company on the use of electronic signatures across APAC.
- Advised a luxury retail company on legal issues and considerations relevant to setting up an e-commerce platform in Hong Kong.
- Advised a U.S. telecommunications company on telecommunications licensing requirements in Hong Kong.
- Advised a U.S. technology company on medical device issues pertaining to wearables.
- Advised multi-national companies on regulatory requirements in relation to food and cosmetics products, including labelling and advertising issues.
- Advised multi-national pharmaceutical companies on issues relating to the Hong Kong Undesirable Medical Advertisements Ordinance.
- Assisted multi-national pharmaceutical companies to review documentation and provide healthcare regulatory and data privacy advice in relation to patient support programs.
- Advised a U.S. insurance company on regulatory issues relating to the provision of virtual healthcare services, including telemedicine.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia (CIPP/A)
- Hong Kong (2012)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2010)
- King's College London (LL.B., 2:01) (2009)