Lawrence Lee is the Chairman of the Hong Kong and PRC offices of Baker McKenzie (1996-present) and a member of the Firm’s Capital Markets Group in which he mainly focuses in the corporate finance area including the flotation of companies; mergers and acquisitions of public companies, corporate reorganisation, establishment of investment funds, other securities related practice and assisting companies with their compliance issues and challenges. He has served as Chairman of the Asia Pacific Regional Council and is a former Executive Committee member of the International Firm of Baker McKenzie.
He is currently the Chairman of the Process Review Panel for the Securities and Futures Commission ("SFC") and the Staff Appeal Committee of the Hospital Authority. He also serves as a member of the SFC's Takeovers and Mergers Panel, Takeovers Appeal Committee and the Hong Kong Housing Society. In addition, he is a senior Fellow of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute. He serves as a senior professional adviser of Hong Kong China Chamber of Commerce and is a Council Member of China Mergers & Acquisition Association as well.
- Justice of the Peace, 2007
- The Bronze Bauhinia Star, BBS, 2016
- Recommended Lawyer (Corporate/M&A in Hong Kong), PLC Which Lawyer?, 2007 to 2012
- Leading Lawyer (Corporate/M&A in China/ Hong Kong), Chambers Global, 2007 to 2008
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (1987)
- Victoria~Australia (1984)
- New South Wales~Australia (1984)
- Hong Kong (1981)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1979)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1978)