Min-tze Lean is an associate principal in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group at Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow. He has advised on some of Singapore’s largest, most complex and iconic M&A transactions, many of which have won legal awards. Recognized for his solutions to complex legal issues and his solid M&A experience, Min-tze is ranked in Chambers Global and Chambers Asia Pacific as a Leading Individual in Singapore for Corporate / M&A (Domestic) and is also mentioned in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific under Corporate and M&A (Local Firms) and Employment law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the target on the contested takeover offers by TCC Assets and OUE Bayfront for Fraser and Neave, Limited.
- Acting for Fortis Healthcare on its offer for Parkway Holdings in response to Khazanah’s offer for Parkway.
- Advising Rothschild in its capacity as independent financial adviser on Temasek’s takeover offer for Olam International Limited.
- Acting for the receivers and managers of Singapore Flyer Pte Ltd on the sale of its assets and business.
- Advising Lehman Brothers Special Finance Inc. on local legal issues related to its swaps and derivative positions with Minibonds Limited.
- Advising DBS Bank Ltd on its role as administrative agent in the debt restructuring of Asia Pulp & Paper’s principal Indonesian operating companies.
- Acting for a British multinational company on achieving a satisfactory closure to its investment in a Myanmar-based company.
- Advising on the Singapore law aspects of the acquisition of the Charles Monat Group by Willis Group.
- Advising private equity and strategic acquirers of businesses and assets in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Providing general corporate and commercial advice to clients in the aerospace and manufacturing industries.
- New York~United States (2002)
- Singapore (1997)
- George Washington University Law School (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2000)
- University of Singapore (LL.B. Honors) (1996)