Hiroyuki Kitamura is a member of the Banking & Finance group in Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked in a prominent Japanese law firm focusing on finance and corporate law.
Hiroyuki focuses his practice on financial regulations, M&A of financial institutions, project finance, infrastructure fund, PFI, lease transactions, along with other banking, finance and general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Japanese financial institutions on financial regulations related to acquisitions of foreign financial institutions.
- Advised foreign financial institutions on financial regulations applicable to their services in Japan.
- Represented financial institutions and business operators in project finance transactions including acquisitions and infrastructure fund transactions, in connection with a large-scaled coal- and LNG-fired thermal power generation projects and renewable energy power generation (eg, wind and solar) projects.
- Assisted a major Japanese financial institution in relation to a share transfer, company split, transfer of business and loan agreement.
- Assisted a top sports manufacturer in dealing with litigation concerning derivative products.
- Assisted a domestic machinery manufacturer in establishing a joint venture company in Taiwan and California.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
Japan (January 2013)
- Hitotsubashi University (LLM) (2011)
- Sophia University (BA) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.