Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted multiple clients in assessing the impact of the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) on their business and trading activities, taking into account the evolution of the EU ETS, and in developing their compliance strategies.
- Advised multinational companies on developing their reporting strategies to comply with the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and Taxonomy Regulation, including by taking into account current and upcoming due diligence obligations (under national and EU law).
- Advised multiple clients on the developing regulatory and market framework for hydrogen and renewable fuels in the EU, including in the context of fuel production and trade projects.
- Assisted in drafting a first-of-its-kind renewable hydrogen purchasing agreement for the trade of hydrogen and hydrogen-based fuels through international shipping for a large EU energy company, including in light of the potential impact of the EU Commission's proposal for a CBAM on the hydrogen imports landscape.
- Assisted one of the largest real estate companies in the EU in developing its compliance strategy for the Taxonomy Regulation, including in assessing the wider implications of this new regulatory framework for its real estate business, notably regarding access to green funds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Executive Committee, Incubator of Avocat.be (the technology arm of the Association of French and German Bars) (2018-2020)
- Academic collaborator of the Faculty of Law’s Perelman Center at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (2019-2021)
- Brussels~Belgium (2018)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Master's degree in Law, magna cum laude, Ganshof van der Meersch Award - awarded to the student who has shown the greatest qualities in the field of Public Law during their studies at the Law and Criminology Faculty) (2018)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Master's degree in Engineering, magna cum laude) (2015)
Co-author and co-editor, “The Internal Energy Market,” Fifth edition, Claeys & Casteels, 2021
Co-author, “The European Green Deal in Times of Recuperation from COVID-19,” Law Notebook for Engineers (XII) – Wolters Kluwer España, February 2021
Co-author, “How will EU Policies Shape the Clean Hydrogen Funding Landscape,” Oil, Gas & Energy Law Intelligence, November 2020