Dr. Florian Kästle practices in the area of M&A, private equity, restructuring, corporate law and post-M&A disputes. He joined Baker McKenzie as a partner in 2000. He is regularly cited by top legal directories in Germany as one of Germany’s leading M&A lawyers. In addition to regularly giving presentations on M&A topics, Dr. Kästle authored the first legal commentary in German language on an English-language share purchase agreement.
Dr. Kästle has broad experience in all kinds of M&A transactions, including acquisitions, sales, public takeovers, joint ventures, post-merger integrations and post-M&A disputes. Throughout his 20 years of practice, he has represented numerous strategic and financial investors, corporate sellers and other corporations in various industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Air Liquide on the acquisition of Lurgi AG from GEA and the sale of its Polymer Technology business to Technip.
- Advised Ashland on the acquisition of the water treatment business from Degussa.
- Advised Clariant on the sale of its Energy Storage business to Johnson Matthey Plc.
- Advised Rexnord on the acquisition of VAG Group from Halder.
- Advised Siemens on the sale of a business division of Siemens VDO to Mahle, the sale of Wireless Modules Business to T-Mobile Venture and Granville Baird and further transactions.
- Advised Sika on the acquisition of the building adhesives business of Akzo Nobel and further transactions.
- Advised SIG on the sale of its beverages packaging solutions business to Salzgitter.
- Advised Swiss Sulzer AG on the sale of its Metco division to OC Oerlikon.
- Advised Techem on the takeover bid by Macquarie and BC Partners.
- Advised a US chemicals group on the final round bid for Rütgers Chemicals from Evonik.
- Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability, Chambers Europe 2021
- Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability, Chambers Global 2021
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law since 2014
- Top Lawyer 2020 M&A Lawyers Ranking, Wirtschaftswoche 2020
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- Germany (1994)
- Bavaria State (Assessor Exam) (1994)
- University of Munich (Teaching Assistant) (1994)
- University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (1993)
- University of California at Berkeley (Visiting Scholar) (1992)
- University of Munich (Referendar Exam) (1990)
Co-author, "Post M&A Disputes Study 2013/2014," September 2013
Co-author, "Distressed Investing & Restructuring News," March 2012
Co-author, "Acquiring assets through US bankruptcy," September 2009
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.