Teisha focuses her practice on antitrust investigations and e-discovery matters. She routinely leads cross-border teams in investigations of proposed mergers, and responding to international investigations and discovery requests. She also advises clients on all aspects of the antitrust regulatory process, including representing clients in matters before the Federal Trade Commission and the Antitrust Division of the US Department of Justice, as well as in civil and criminal investigations before federal and state authorities. In addition, she regularly counsels clients in consumer protection matters, including allegations of unfair and deceptive practices brought under Section 5 of the FTC Act.
Teisha's experience as an in-house antitrust lawyer brings a commercial and practical approach when providing advice to her clients. Though the breadth of her experience spans a number of industries, including healthcare, technology, finance, and chemicals, she is an active member of the Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation group and regularly provides advice to transportation clients.
Representative Legal Matters
Represented a German-based global manufacturer of braking systems in multiple merger-control aspects of a proposed acquisition of Swedish rival, including a substantive merger-control analysis and coordinating US/EU document collection, review and regulatory responses.
Represented executive of global advertising firm under investigation by DOJ.
Represented a US-based automotive parts supplier in joint venture.
Represented the world's largest waste services company in multiple transactions, including divestiture of its industrial cleaning division.
Represented a Fortune 200 consumer products company in antitrust aspects of multiple transactions.
Represented a healthcare company in connection with its USD 2 billion acquisition of a competitor.
Represented a healthcare provider in its defense against federal and state authorities challenging the legality of a proposed combination with another health care provider, persuading the FTC to issue a rare stay of that proceeding pending resolution of the appeal.
Represented a global technology solutions provider in connection with its sale to a competitor.
Represented a data security company in an investigation by the FTC alleging deceptive or unfair practices related to consumer privacy and data security under the FTC Act.
- The National Black Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women in eDiscovery
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Antitrust Law, Transportation and Energy Industries
- The Greater Washington Area Chapter, Women Lawyers Division, National Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2011)
- District of Columbia~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland~United States (2007)
- Maryland~United States (2006)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.) (2006)
- Duke University (B.A.) (2003)
- Panelist, Developments in Antitrust Enforcement and Emerging Issues, Baker McKenzie Annual Compliance Conference — Trade Sanctions, Export Controls, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Antitrust Update, December 2019
- Panelist, Relativity Fest - How to Ensure Successful Second Requests, October 2019
- Panelist, Antitrust Compliance, October 2018
- Co-author, "United States: President Biden issues Executive Order to promote Vigorous Antitrust Enforcement in Key Markets," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 12 July 2021
- Co-author (with Chris Brown), "Imposing Ad Bans as Condition of FDA Approval Violates Law and Constitution," Washington Legal Foundation Legal Backgrounder, 15 July 2005