Sally Hung is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Banking & Finance Practice Group.
Her practice focuses on structured finance, real estate finance and syndicated loan transactions. She has extensive experience in syndicated and bilateral secured and unsecured lending for banks and financial institutions, corporate and institutional borrowers as well as project companies and funds in the Greater China region (including Macau).
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a PRC bank head office in a EUR 900 million financing to the chemical project company which forms part of the arrangements for the PRC sponsor in completing a MBO with respect to all the remaining shares of the parent of the chemical project company owned by the vendor.
- Acted for a major PRC oil company (as sponsor) in a USD 11 billion gas pipeline project in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, involving issues under PRC law, Uzbek law and Kazakh law.
- Acted for two PRC banks in Hong Kong in a USD 130 million pre-IPO bridge loan facility to a PRC conglomerate for its acquisition of a PRC company. The facility, secured by PRC assets and with buy-back arrangements, is the first of its kind for such PRC banks.
- Acted for a foreign bank in an offshore USD and HKD syndicated loan facility (up to USD 300 million equivalent) and an onshore HKD syndicated loan facility for refinancing existing indebtedness of an office and retail property in Shanghai owned by a cross-border renowned real estate developer. The facility documentation contains complicated onshore and offshore payment waterfall mechanism providing cashflow control by the lenders.
- Repeatedly acted for various banks in the Greater China region and Singapore for various dual onshore-offshore financings (i.e. offshore financing to the offshore company to either acquire a project or fund the construction of the project by equity injections and onshore RMB financing to the PRC project company directly to either refinance existing onshore deals or pay development or renovation costs which are real estate project loans (or refinancings of the same)).
- Acted for a Singapore bank in relation to (1) offshore US dollar acquisition loan facility equal to RMB 1.43 billion and (2) onshore RMB term loan facility for the acquisition by an offshore joint venture owned by two funds of shares in two BVI companies (owned by Hutchison real estate and Cheung Kong real estate respectively) which indirectly hold equity interests in a PRC joint venture company being the project company holding a residential and mixed use commercial property in Guangzhou, PRC.
- Advised a REIT listed on HKSE in relation to the HKD 2.2 billion term loan acquisition facility for its acquisition of Guangzhou IFC (through acquisition of shares and shareholder loans relating to an offshore company) from its related company which is a company listed on HKSE.
- Acted for sponsors in a USD 500 million term loan facility for the acquisition of a Macau gaming subconcession followed by a project financing of a major hotel casino resort project.
- Acted for a Korean acquirer in a leveraged buyout utilizing senior term loan facility and certain mezzanine term facility.
- Acted for a European bank in relation to a PRC loan due diligence exercise in Shanghai and Beijing for the purposes of purchasing an equity stake in a domestic bank in the PRC.
- Leading Lawyer (Banking & Finance (International Firms), China) – Chambers Greater China Region (2022)
- Leading Lawyer (Banking & Finance, Hong Kong) – Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Banking, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2013-2022)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Financial Services Regulatory, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2015-2022)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Project Finance, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2015-2022)
- Leading Lawyer (Banking & Finance (International Firms), China) – Chambers Asia Pacific (2015-2021)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Real Estate, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2018-2021)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Hong Kong (2000)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1998)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1997)