Sally Hung is a partner in the Banking and Finance Practice Group in the Firm’s Hong Kong office. She mainly advises clients on structured finance, real estate, project loans and debt restructuring matters. Ms. Hung is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and Hong Kong. She is named as one of the leading lawyers for banking & finance in IFLR1000 and is recommended as one of the leaders in the field of Banking & Finance: Hong Kong-based (International Firms) by Chambers Global 2015.
Ms. Hung’s practice focuses on structured finance and syndicated loan transactions. She has extensive experience in syndicated and bilateral secured and unsecured lending for banks and financial institutions, corporate and institutional borrowers as well as project companies in the Greater China region, Korea and India.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a major PRC oil company (as sponsor) in a USD11 billion gas pipeline project in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, involving issues under PRC law, Uzbek law and Kazakh law.
- Acted for two PRC banks in Hong Kong in a USD130 million pre-IPO bridge loan facility to a PRC conglomerate for its acquisition of a PRC company. The facility, secured by PRC assets and with buy-back arrangements, is the first of its kind for such PRC banks.
- Acted for various lenders in many onshore offshore financings where the offshore facility is to fund an offshore acquisition and the onshore facility is to refinance the existing onshore debt and such onshore and offshore facilities are subject to intercreditor arrangements.
- Acted for sponsors in a USD500 million term loan facility for the acquisition of a Macau gaming subconcession followed by a project financing of a major hotel casino resort project.
- Acted for a Korean acquirer in a leveraged buyout utilizing senior term loan facility and certain mezzanine term facility.
- Acted for a PRC bank in a structured HKD800 million loan facility to an offshore company secured by, among other things, mortgage of a golf course in China to finance acquisition of properties in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a European bank in relation to a PRC loan due diligence exercise in Shanghai and Beijing for the purposes of purchasing an equity stake in a domestic bank in China.
- Represented a PRC bank head office in a EUR900 million financing to a chemical project company in central Europe.
- Acted for a US bank (the USD facility agent) in relation to the rescheduling of certain US dollar and RMB syndicated facilities of a vehicle manufacturing project in China.
- Acted for a European bank in relation to a structured receivables-backed financing to an offshore vehicle of an Indian-listed company, which is secured by account receivables with onshore and offshore account control arrangements.
- Leading individual - Banking & Finance - China (International Firms) - Chambers Asia Pacific 2015-2020
- Highly Regarded Lawyer - Banking & Finance - Hong Kong - IFLR 1000 2013-2020
- Highly Regarded Lawyer - Financial Services Regulatory - Hong Kong - IFLR 1000 2015-2020
- Highly Regarded Lawyer - Project Finance - Hong Kong - IFLR 1000 2015-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Hong Kong (2000)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1998)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1997)