Simon Hui is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Shanghai.
Mr. Hui has 20 years of experience and focuses his practice on compliance & investigations, commercial litigation and international arbitration
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major pharmaceuticals and healthcare company in the conduct of an internal investigation into the alleged non-compliant business practices at the company’s China’s operations.
- Assisted a major multinational pharmaceutical company to conduct a large scale FCPA investigation in respect of its business activities in China. This includes interviewing key employees, conducting e-discovery, review evidence and providing recommendations.
- Represented a leading public relationship company in an anti-corruption investigation involving both Chinese and US authorities.
- Conducted an investigation on bribery allegations against quality control inspectors of a major North American company. The management of the company became aware of the allegations due to information provided by a whistle-blower.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a North American retailer in relation to bribery allegations provided by a supplier against a sourcing manager of the company; conducted document review and interview of the relevant employee; recommended with follow-up actions.
- Assisted a Lloyds syndicate in handling a multimillion-pound product liability claim against several animal feeds manufacturers in Hunan Province.
- Represented a Swiss fuel injection machinery manufacturer in a CIETAC arbitration proceeding against a local purchaser.
- Advised an Italian glass manufacturing company in a CIETAC arbitration against a US supplier in respect of disputes arising out of a gas supplying agreement.
- Counseled a major UK-based sports car manufacturer in defending multicourt proceedings launched by its local distributors in China. The case covered distribution agreement dispute, IP infringement, asset preservation order, and restraining order preventing key foreign personnel from leaving China.
- Assisted a well-known US software company in a court proceeding against one of its local distributors in a dispute arising from the distribution of its software and hardware products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1999)
- Hong Kong (1995)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.M.) (1996)
- College of Law, Chester (1993)
- University of East Anglia (LL.B.) (1992)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.