Jeanette Holland offers nearly three decades of experience advising employers and trustees on all aspects of pension law. She is head of the Pension Practice in Baker McKenzie London.
Jeanette is co-secretary of the Association of Pension Lawyers Legislative and Parliamentary Committee, having previously been on the International Committee.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided strategic advice to Dow regarding a pensions and employment restructuring and merger with an innovative employee covenant support structure.
- Provided strategic advice to Evonik leading to a pensions and employment restructuring addressing pensions debt issues and other risk management exercises. The project involved 4 pension schemes with 3 sets of advisers for each scheme.
- Advising trustees and employers on liability management exercises such as enhanced transfer values exercises and pensions increase exchange issues.
- Advising a company on the closure of a scheme to future accrual. The proposal raised a number of practical, legal and HR issues. It required one of the first assessments of the practical implications of the High Court decision in the IBM case.
- Advising on risk mitigation, including buy-ins/buyouts, of pension liabilities.
- Advising on the UK and non-UK aspects of sales and purchases for companies.
- Acting for representative beneficiaries in relation to the distribution of assets on the termination of a fund.
- Re-documenting the pension schemes of significant companies such as Emerson (25+ sections).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association - Member
- Association of Pension Lawyers - Co-secretary of the Legislative and Parliamentary Committee
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1991)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1989)
- Oxford University (St. John's College) (1988)