Jeanette Holland offers over two decades of experience advising employees and trustees on all aspects of pension law. She is head of the Pension Practice in Baker McKenzie London.
Jeanette is co-secretary of the Association of Pension Lawyers Legislative and Parliamentary Committee, having previously been on the International Committee. She was part of the practitioner working group formed by the DWP to discuss the new money purchase definition and related legislation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided strategic advice to Evonik leading to a Pensions and Employment restructuring addressing pensions debt issues and other risk management exercises. The project involved 4 pension schemes with 3 sets of advisers for each scheme.
- Advising a company on the closure of a scheme to future accrual. The proposal raised a number of practical, legal and HR issues. It required one of the first assessments of the practical implications of the High Court decision in the IBM case.
- Advising major employers in connection with projects to cease future accrual in their pensions plans, including other liability management exercises.
- Advising on liability management exercises such as enhanced transfer values exercises and pensions increase exchange issues.
- Advising on risk mitigation including buy ins/buy outs, of pension liabilities.
- Advising on the UK and non-UK aspects of sales and purchases for companies such as Sony, BP, Innovene, Evonik, Rentokil-Initial and Gate Gourmet.
- Acting for representative beneficiaries in relation to the distribution of assets on the termination of a fund.
- Re-documenting the pension schemes of significant companies such as Emerson (25+ sections).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association - Member
- Association of Pension Lawyers - Co-secretary of the Legislative and Parliamentary Committee
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1991)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1989)
- Oxford University (St. John's College) (1988)