Jeremy Hann, of counsel in the Toronto Labour, Employment and Regulatory Law Practice Group, joined Baker McKenzie in 2004. Jeremy received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Western Ontario in 2000 and his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Ontario Law School in June 2003.
In his counseling practice, Jeremy advises clients daily on typical workplace issues such as reductions in force as well as a variety of employment-standards and benefits-related inquiries. Jeremy also regularly deals with more nuanced issues such as the duty to accommodate, workplace privacy concerns, as well as a myriad of issues that arise from making any sort of change in the workplace. Jeremy is also experienced in handling the numerous employment and labour issues that arise from corporate transactions.
In his litigation practice, Jeremy has represented employers, as first chair, in front of Ontario's Labour arbitrators, Ontario's various Workplace Health and Safety Adjudicators, the Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and the other adjudicative bodies that deal with employment and labour-related matters.
As a negotiator Jeremy has successfully negotiated a number of collective agreements (both first agreements and renewal agreements) and resolved numerous contentious disputes favorably for his employer-clients.
Jeremy is licensed to practice law in the province of Ontario, Canada, but is qualified to provide employment and labour related counsel in all of Canada’s common law jurisdictions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Universal Workers Union (Labourers' International Union of North America, Local 183) v. Christina Homes Ltd., 2008 CanLII 65315 (ON LRB)
- Plourde v. Wal-Mart Canada Corp.,  3 SCR 465, 2009 SCC 54 (CanLII)
- May v. Madawaska Doors, 2009 HRTO 720 (CanLII)
- Ali v. Inter-Cultural Neighbourhood Social Services, 2009 HRTO 1233 (CanLII)
- Whl Management Limited Partnership v. United Food and Commercial Workers Canada, Local 175, 2011 CanLII 2975 (ON LA)
- Rampersaud v. Primary Response Inc., 2011 HRTO 2172 (CanLII)
- Holland v. Hostopia.com, 2012 (unreported Trial Decision) Superior Court of Justice
- Ontario Public Service Employees Union v Ontario Public Service Staff Union, 2013 CanLII 468 (ON LA)
- Building Union of Canada v McMaster University, 2015 CanLII 1349 (ON LRB)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Advocates' Society
- Ontario~Canada (2004)
- University of Western Ontario (LL.B.) (2003)
- University of Western Ontario (B.A. Honours) (2000)