Airi Hammalov is a partner in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Firm's transactions practice. Prior to joining the Firm, Airi practiced at top international firms in London and Moscow.
Airi's practice focuses on M&A and private equity, particularly cross-border transactions. She has extensive experience representing domestic and multinational corporations, private equity sponsors, portfolio companies and financial institutions on their most complex acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures, leveraged buy-outs, restructurings and corporate matters. Airi has advised on large transactions across many industries and verticals, including technology, gaming and financial services.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Dun & Bradstreet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: DNB) on multiple acquisitions, including USD 818 million acquisition of Bisnode Business Information Group AB, a leading European data and analytics firm, and its acquisition of Eyeota, a leading global data onboarding and audience intelligence company.
- Advised Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) on its USD 1.05 billion acquisition of Navico, a global leader in marine electronics.
- Advised Embracer Group (Nasdaq Stockholm: EMBRAC B), a Swedish headquartered video game holding company, on its multiple acquisitions, including USD 1.3 billion acquisition of Gearbox Entertainment (developer of Borderlands), and its acquisitions of game developers Saber (World War Z), Demiurge Studios, Shiver Entertainment, New World Interactive, Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider and Deus Ex), Limited Run Games and Tripwire (Killing Floor and Rising Storm).
- Advised Enad Global 7 (Nasdaq Stockholm: EG7), a Stockholm-based online games developer, on its USD 300 million acquisition of Daybreak Game Company, a multiplatform online games developer and publisher.
- Advised SteelSeries, a Danish global leader of gaming peripherals, in its acquisition of KontrolFreek, the industry leader in high-performance gaming controller accessories.
- Advised Unilever PLC on its acquisition of Liquid IV, a US-based health science nutrition and wellness company.
- Advised Daiwa Securities Group on its USD 120 million investment via the acquisition of bonds in Global X, a US-based issuer of ETFs and owned by South Korea's Mirae Asset Global Investments.
- Advised One Equity Partners on its multiple acquisitions, including carve-out acquisition of ORS Medco, a leading wholesaler of industrial and automotive aftermarket products serving over 15,000 distributors and resellers, and its acquisition of Fluor Corp's AMECO business, a full-service provider of construction equipment.
- Selected, the Deal's Top Rising Star 2021 for M&A and private equity
- New York~United States
- England & Wales~United Kingdom
- New York University School of Law (LLM, Fulbright scholar) (2001)
- University of Tartu (BA in Law, cum laude) (1998)
- Co-author "Legal 500 Country Comparative Guide for Private Equity - US," 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.