Katja Häferer joined the Munich office of Baker McKenzie in January 2009. She is a member of the Firm’s European and Global Labor Law practice groups. She advises domestic and multinational companies on employment law matters, including outsourcing and other transactions. Katja frequently speaks at in-house and external seminars, and conducts training on a wide range of employment matters. She also practiced in the Firm’s San Francisco and Palo Alto offices.
Katja routinely advises companies in domestic or multi-jurisdictional projects involving restructurings, headcount reductions, negotiations with works councils, gender pay matters, cross-border secondments and employment law aspects of equity-based compensation. Another focus of her practice are SE transformations, codetermination in SE supervisory boards and SE works councils as well as European Works Councils. Katja's client base ranges from Germany- and EMEA-headquartered clients with global operations to local subsidiaries of multinationals.
- Germany (2008)
- Fachanwältin für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law) (2012)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Assessor Exam) (2008)
- University of Passau (Referendar Exam) (2006)
- Palo Alto
- Co-author (with Agnes Herwig), "Dienstreisen: Worauf Unternehmen achten müssen," Kompass, 1 July 2019
- Co-author (with Matthias Köhler), "Neues EuGH-Urteil: Arbeitgeber müssen Arbeitszeiten komplett erfassen," Kompass, 20 May 2019
- Co-author (with Laura Klare), "Das Schicksal britischer Arbeitnehmermandate in der SE im Falle eines 'harten Brexits'," NZA Vol. 6/2019, S. 352, 25 March 2019
- Co-author (with Matthias Köhler), "Praxisleitfaden Entgelttransparenzgesetz. Ein Überblick über die zentralen Regelungen und deren Anwendung in der Praxis," Springer Gabler, 14 March 2019
- Co-author (with Barbara Deilmann), "Kein Schutz des Status Quo bei der Gründung der dualistischen SE durch Umwandlung". NZA Vol. 10/2017, p. 607, Mai 25, 2017
- Co-presenter, "Trends & Tipps im Arbeitsrecht - Neues aus Gesetzgebung und Rechtsprechung für die Praxis," Breakfast Briefing, July 2019
- Co-presenter, "Antitrust and HR – No-Poach and Wage-Fixing Agreements client roundtable," Baker McKenzie offices in Chicago and New York, June 2019
- Co-presenter, "Human Resources Departments – Antitrust Authorities’ New Target," ACC - Antitrust Authorities’ New Target, July 2018
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.