Gwyneth Gu is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Taipei office, where she advises on M&A, corporate and securities matters.
Ms. Gu has substantial experience advising foreign and domestic clients on cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, private equity investments and joint venture transactions. She has also advised a number of foreign companies on their IPO applications to the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE).
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Stanley, Black and Decker in relation to a USD138 million tender offer and acquisition of a listed company in Taiwan, Tong Lung Metal Industry Co. Ltd.
- Represented Baker Hughes Incorporated in relation to its USD50 million acquisition of and post-acquisition merger with a Taiwanese company, Unilift Enertech Ltd.
- Represented Tonghua Dongbao Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., a PRC listed company, in its capital investment via a USD38 million private placement in Bionime Corporation, a listed company in Taiwan.
- Represented Dialog Semiconductor PLC in relation to its USD14 million joint venture with Lite-On Semiconductor and Shunsin Technology in Taiwan.
- Represented Allnex Sarl in relation to its USD28 million joint venture in Greater China with Eternal Materials, a listed company in Taiwan.
- Represented Integrated Service Technology, a listed company in Taiwan, in its USD13 million joint venture with Dekra SE, a German company, in both Taiwan and China.
- Represented Prince Motors Co. Ltd in relation to its USD10 million joint venture with Isuzu Motors Limited and Itochu Corporation in Taiwan.
- Represented Grand Ocean International Holdings Ltd., a Cayman Islands company, in relation to its application for primary listing on the TWSE.
- Represented Coland Holdings Limited, a Cayman Islands company, in relation to its application for primary listing on the TWSE.
- Represented Gourmet Master Co. Ltd., a Cayman Islands company, in relation to its application for primary listing on the TWSE.
- New York~United States (2005)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2000)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.) (2004)
- Tunghai University (LL.M.) (2004)
- National Taiwan University (B.A.) (1998)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.