Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a gold mining corporation against a Latin American State in an arbitration challenging the expropriation of the company's rights over one of the world's largest gold deposits.
- Represented a consortium of water treatment companies against a South American country in the damages stage of an ICSID arbitration over the mistreatment of the companies' investments.
- Represented an East African government in a major highway construction dispute with a Japanese company.
- Represented a construction company in a case against a Middle Eastern country over the government's unlawful interference in a power plant construction project awarded to the client.
- Advised a Cypriot group of companies in a dispute against an Eastern European country over the country's politically motivated harassment campaign against the group's investments.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company against a Latin American State in an UNCITRAL/PCA arbitration over the misconduct of the state's judiciary and other authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, International Section's International Arbitration Committee - Vice Chair
- New York~United States (2015)
- Mexico (2009)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.) (2013)
- Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva (Master International Dispute Settlement) (2011)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (LL.B.) (2009)
Speaker, "Multi-Party and Multi-Contract Arbitration," ICC YAF Event, Monterrey, Mexico, August 2018
Moderator/Event Co-Organizer, “The Chorzów What? Addressing Current Issues in Awarding Damages in International Arbitration," Columbia International Arbitration Association's Conference Series, New York, NY, November 2016
Speaker, “International Arbitration from the Tribunal Secretary's Perspective,” ICDR Y&I/ICCA/Young ICCA/ICC YAF Conference on the Practice of International Arbitration, Paphos, Cyprus, September 2015
Moderator/Event Co-Organizer, “Legitimacy of Investment Arbitration, ”Columbia Law School Latin American Arbitration Forum, New York, NY, February 2013