Diego Ferrada has 10 years of experience working on mergers and acquisitions, including stock and asset transactions, as well as project finance transactions. He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2007, and subsequently became a member of the New York Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Mr. Ferrada also studied Competition Law & Policy at the London School of Economics. He won the 2005 Deal of the Year award from Trade Finance for his work on HSBC Bank Plc’s multimillion-dollar export finance transaction involving the Transantiago Urban Transport System.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Texas Instruments, a major international technology corporation, in the antitrust laws which pertain to a distributor of their products in Chile.
- Assisted in advising Raytheon on the creation and launch of a Global Human Resources Department which will include payroll, accounting, finance and global directory applications.
- Assisted in advising Haldeman Mining Company, a Chilean mining company, in arranging a financing of USD31.1 million necessary to begin the Tambo de Oro Mining Project.
- Advised Explorator Resources in its joint venture with Pucobre for copper mining.
- AdvisedTransfield Services Limited in the acquisition of 50% of INSER group, a leading provider of services to mining companies with more than 1,500 employees.
- Advised CITIC Resources in connection with the Bid for Esperanza and Telegrafo projects by Antofagasta Minerals.
- Advised Layne Christensen Corp with respect to the incorporation of a Joint Venture for Layne Energy, Inc. for the purposes of engaging in the business of exploring, producing, marketing and selling conventional and/or unconventional natural gas in Chile.
- Advised Origin Energy in the government bid for geothermal concessions in Chile, regarding the 40 percent acquisition of Energia Andina and joint venture with Antofagasta Minerals SA.
- Advised Illinois Tool Works in the acquisition of Versachem SA.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2007)
- Chile (2002)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (Summer Program Competition Law) (2007)
- University of Chicago (Master's Degree Law) (2006)
- Catholic University of Chile (LL.B.) (2000)