Da-Fa Feng is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Taipei office. He practices in the areas of intellectual property, antitrust, dispute resolution and trade secrets.
Mr. Feng concentrates his practice on patent litigation, general IP advisory, and antitrust laws. He has extensive experience representing local and foreign corporations in various courts in Taiwan. In addition to his legal practice, he has a strong background in chemistry and biotechnology.
Representative Legal Matters
- Drafted patent specifications for multinational companies.
- Drafted responses for multinational companies to office actions and convinced the authority of patent applications having the inventive step and the patents were granted thereby.
- Represented Eli Lilly & Company against local pharmaceutical companies in an infringement matter concerning process patents; obtained favorable settlements.
- Represented Aventis Pharma S.A. against a local pharmaceutical company in an infringement matter concerning composition patent; obtained final judgment.
- Represented Microchip Technology Inc. against a local company in a copyright dispute concerning involving microcode and datasheet, and obtain a favorable and final judgment.
- Represented Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. against a local company in a copyright dispute involving toys and obtained a favorable settlement.
- Represented Koninklijke Philips Electronics, N.V. against Taiwan Fair Trade Commission and successfully obtained a favorable and final judgment.
- Represented Genovate Biotechnology Co., Ltd. in successfully prosecuting a Japan pharmaceutical company of unfair competition and patent misuses, obtaining compensation of NTD50 million plus interest.
- Represented OAK Technology, Inc. against a local company in a dispute of payment and obtained a favorably final judgment that the local company should pay NTD114 million plus interest to Oak Technology, Inc.
- Represented multinational companies and obtained favorable results.
- Recommended Individual, Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- HsinchuBar Association
- Taichung Bar Association
- Tainan Bar Association
- Taoyuan Bar Association
- Taiwan Patent Attorneys Association
- Taoyuan~Taiwan (2011)
- Hsinchu~Taiwan (2006)
- Taichung~Taiwan (2006)
- Tainan~Taiwan (2006)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2001)
- American University, Washington College of Law (LL.M.) (2006)
- National Cheng-Chi University (LL.M.) (2003)
- Fu-Jen Catholic University (B.Sc.) (1991)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.