Jonathan Farrokhnia is a partner in the Firm’s Dallas office, where he focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, corporate governance, and other transactional matters. He frequently represents private equity firms in the purchase and sale of portfolio companies, developers, purchasers and sellers of renewable energy projects, venture capital firms and early stage issuers, public and private companies in securities offerings, and public companies in securities law compliance and corporate governance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented an NYSE-listed multinational manufacturer of recreational vehicles on its EUR 2.1 billion acquisition of a privately-held German-based manufacturer of recreational vehicles.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company on the USD 1.95 billion acquisition of a migraine treatment and prevention company.
- Represented a global tax services and software provider in connection with the USD 317 million sale of a 42% interest in the company to a private equity fund.
- Represented the sellers in the USD 489 million sale of an exchange-traded fund provider.
- Represented a multinational corporation in the USD 158 million purchase of a group of companies that provide electrical transmission services in South America.
Capital Markets and Finance
- Represented a publicly traded retailer in its USD 17 billion credit facility and the issuance of over USD 4.5 billion in notes over several registered debt offerings.
- Represented a publicly traded hotel manager in multiple equity offerings, including a USD 150 million at-the-market common stock offering, a USD 101 million common stock issuance, and the spinoff of another publicly traded management company.
- Advised a publicly traded REIT in its USD 180 million at-the-market common stock offering and USD 75 million at-the-market preferred stock offering.
- Represented a multinational food company in its public offering of USD 500 million of senior notes.
- Advised a publicly traded bank in the offering of USD 65 million of subordinated notes and USD 208 million of common stock.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- AT&T Performing Arts Center Auxiliary Board
- Texas~United States (2013)
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.) (2013)
- Tulane University (BSM, summa cum laude) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.