Ben Farnell is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Real Estate Practice Group in London. He focuses his practice on commercial property law, planning and development, and real estate sustainability.
Ben is listed as a "Next Generation Partner" in the Legal 500 UK 2021 directory.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a Singaporean investor on the planning and development aspects of a GBP 500 million industrial and retail park acquisition to the west of London.
- Advising a solar farm operator on the planning aspects of a reorganization of a portfolio of assets at 96 UK solar sites with an aggregate capacity of 1GW.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the real estate and planning aspects of a GBP 400 Million refinancing of a multi-let skyscraper investment in the City of London
- Advising and coordinating the real estate aspects of a multinational bathroom and kitchen manufacturing business worth around USD 2 billion and involving 200 manufacturing, offices and showroom properties worldwide.
- Advising a Malaysian investor on the planning and financing aspects of its GBP 2 billion acquisition, refinance and development finance of Battersea Power Station in London.
- Acting for a port operator on the development and expansion of its operations on the Thames Estuary, including planning audits and compulsory acquisition advice.
- Advising a UK developer on the planning submissions and S.106 appeal and judicial review proceedings relating to an office and retail development in Mayfair.
- Acting for a pension fund on a secured lending worth GBP 70 million.
- Advising on the planning and sustainability aspects of a GBP 350 million hotel redevelopment for an international hotel operator in prime central London.
- Next Generation Partner, Legal 500 UK, 2021
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2002)
- College of Law at York (L.P.C.) (2000)
- College of Law at York (C.P.E.) (1999)
- Durham University (B.S. Geography) (1998)