Shelley H. L. Fan
Baker & McKenzie
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 1998, Shelley Fan worked for Young, Ku & Liu Law Office as an associate and was subsequently appointed as partner of Pro-Marine Law Office in 1993.
Ms. Fan focuses her practice on arbitration and litigation matters, with emphasis on infrastructure projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as the developer's legal counsel on its development of a 480 MW gas-fired power plant in Taoyuan County, Taiwan, representing the developer to negotiate FSA (LNG supply contract) and other related contracts of the project.
- Representing bidders for various projects (e.g. Taoyuan, Miaoli, Nantou and Hsinchu Incinerator projects) relating to bidding matters.
Representing the developer with respect to the Resource Recycling & Co-Generation Plant Project. The Plant is the first plant in Taiwan which infuses ecological engineering considerations into a thermal plant.
- Representing contractors (Turkey, O&M, Design Build, etc) in various claims against governmental or non-governmental employers.
- Representing the power plant owner in various claims against the state-owned company.
- Named Recognized Practitioner by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2023)
- Named Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2021)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taoyuan~Taiwan (2007)
- Hsinchu~Taiwan (2003)
- Taichung~Taiwan (1994)
- Kaohsiung~Taiwan (1993)
- Taipei~Taiwan (1989)
- University of Southampton (LL.M.) (1997)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1985)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.