Paul has extensive experience representing employers in all forms of employment discrimination matters. A skilled litigator and practical counselor, Paul defends clients in the entertainment, retail, telecommunications, technology and insurance industries with matters in jurisdictions across the United States. He has deep experience with employment class and collective actions, government agency actions, background check and Fair Credit Reporting Act matters, employment testing, test validation, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, wage and hour advice and litigation, workforce change initiatives, succession planning and family/medial leave.
Paul also focuses on working with experts on statistical analyses in employment counseling and disputes, including in class and collective action litigation, as well as in supporting internal diversity and pay equity projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the firm, Paul handled the following matters:
- Defended one of the largest employment discrimination class actions ever filed against a nationwide retailer, obtaining a preliminary denial of class certification after over 4 years of litigation.
- Defended multiple wage and hour collective and class actions for a nationwide employer challenging independent contractor status under federal and various state laws.
- Defended a large public relations employer in a nationwide gender discrimination class action.
- Defended a large retailer in numerous Fair Credit Reporting Act class actions, including one covering over 400,000 class members.
- Successfully arbitrated first bell-weather business dispute for national company covering topic that impacted hundreds of individuals nationwide.
- Counseled large automotive company through nationwide reorganization, including large scale transfer of operations and related employee separations.
- Member, Practice Group of the Year, Employment, Law360, 2017
- Listed, Acritas Star Lawyer, 2017 - 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law360 Employment Editorial Advisory Board - Member (2016)
- New Jersey~United States (1999)
- Pennsylvania~United States (1999)
- University of Virginia School of Law (JD) (1999)
- Allegheny College (BA) (1996)
- Co-author, "EEOC Won't Budge on EEO-1 Pay Data Collection," Law360, July 20, 2016
- Speaker, "Independent Contractors and Joint Employment: Mitigating Risks for Employers," ACC Greater Philadelphia Employment & Labor Law CLE Institute, March 2017