Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Hans-Martin was involved in several notable transactions, including,
- Advised a German DAX 30 group on structuring several global acquisitions (values between EUR 2 and 14 billion) and the financing thereof, including due diligence and post deal integration structuring in up to 70 countries.
- Advised a German DAX 30 group on the establishment of a joint venture with a US multination group for one of their divisions.
- Advised a German DAX 30 group on structuring a transaction including the carve-out of a division, an acquisition into that carved out division and the investment of a private equity investor into the new business, stretching over three countries.
- Advised a professional services franchise on the elimination of a European holding company and coordination between six countries.
- Strategic advice to a family owned group on the global reorganization into a divisional structure.
- Advised a German DAX 30 group on structuring several international acquisitions (values between EUR 250 million and 6 billion) and the financing of thereof, including due diligence and post deal integration structuring.
- Advised a Danish pharmaceutical group on their acquisition of a German business, including post deal integration and cross-border transfer of businesses.
- Advised on several corporate simplification projects for several US or UK based clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chamber of Tax Advisors - Member
- Chamber of Public Accountants - Member
- German Institute of Public Accountants - Chair Tax Committee
- Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft - Member Tax Committee
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Certified Public Accountant (1994)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater)~Germany (1990)
- University of Applied Sciences for Public Administration and Finance Ludwigsburg (Diploma in Finance) (1985)
Author, Commentary - § 6 (1) Nos. 5 to 7 and (6), Herrmann/Heuer/Raupach, EStG KStG Kommentar, concurrently updated - last update 2021
Co-author (with C. Babel), "Grunderwerbsteuer künftig kein Hindernis mehr für konzerninterne Umstrukturierungen?," Die Wirtschaftsprüfung, 2020
Co-editor and author, "Die Besteuerung der Aktie," Beck'sches Handbuch der AG, 3. Auflage, 2018
Co-author, "Identitätswahrende Sitzverlegung im Ausland und deutsche steuerliche Konsequenzen," Lang/Weinzierl, Europäisches Steuerrecht, 2010
Author, Commentary - Art. 2, 3, 26 and 29, Endres/Jacob/Gohr/Klein Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen Deutschland / USA, 2009
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.