Ina Dominguez is a partner in Quisumbing Torres' Corporate & Commercial/M&A Practice Group. She is also a member of the Technology, Media & Telecommunications and the Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Industry Groups. She advises domestic and foreign clients on issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, commercial law, real estate, technology, mining and natural resources law, energy, and infrastructure projects.
Ina is cited as a Next Generation Partner for Projects and Energy by The Legal 500 for 2023.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assist a global online retailer with the establishment of its Philippine subsidiary with two large-scale captive business process outsourcing (BPO) sites.
- Assist a leading online travel agency with the establishment and operation of a Philippine office, and provide advice on online transactions with Philippine customers and business partners.
- Assist a global technology company with obtaining regulatory approval for an innovative and pioneering BPO model, and lead negotiations for large scale leases for BPO sites in nine buildings across the Philippines. Also provide legal advice on construction contracts, fit-out agreements, design contracts, and other related suppliers’ or vendors’ agreements.
- Assist a US-based multinational financial services corporation in the establishment of its first branch office in the Philippines and the acquisition of an existing multinational media and information division of a Philippine company, including the transfer of operations and PEZA incentives to the client’s branch office. Provide on-going legal assistance on regulatory and operational issues.
- Advise a designer and manufacturer of vessels in connection with its acquisition of a shipbuilding yard and related assets located in the Philippines. Conduct a limited legal due diligence review and assist in the preparation, negotiation, and closing of the Transaction Documents, which included, among others, the Asset Purchase Agreement, the Lease Agreement, and the Construction Contracts.
- Prepare due diligence report for a Japanese corporation in connection with its acquisition of a controlling interest in a company that is engaged in the assembly and sale of commercial vehicles in the Philippines.
- Advise a US-based global health industry leader on its acquisition of a BPO center that specializes in research and innovation in the health and wellness industries.
- Assist a global company with respect to its participation in an auction to acquire certain lime and limestone assets in Asia, including a processing plant in the Philippines.
- Advise a China-based developer and supplier of electric power equipment in connection with the development of several solar power plant projects in the Philippines.
- Advise and assist a major Chinese engineering, construction, and power company on its legal due diligence in relation to setting up a thermal power plant in the Philippines.
- Provide legal services to a major downstream oil and gas company relative to bidding for government projects.
- Assist seller with the sale by private auction of a loan and receivables portfolio involving over 500 closing transactions.
- Advise a financial institution that provides transaction processing and other payment-related products and services on various issues relating to doing business in the Philippines, online transactions, and associated regulatory and legal implications.
- Next Generation Partner for Projects and Energy, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020 to 2024
- Next Generation Lawyer for Projects and Energy, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2012)
- Philippines (2009)
- Ateneo de Manila University (J.D.) (2008)
- Ateneo de Manila University (A.B. Management Economics and Social Science) (1997)
- Co-author, "BSP releases FAQs on IRR of Bayanihan Act ", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, "Mandatory grace period for residential rents and for commercial rents of MSMEs that ceased operations due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine", Quisumbing Torres Client Alert, April 2020
- Co-author, "SEC releases draft of circular containing new rules on corporations engaged in nationalized or partly nationalized activities," Corporate & Commercial Client Alert, November 2012
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Affirms Ruling Tightening Foreign Equity Restrictions for Operators of Public Utilities," Corporate & Commercial Client Alert, October 2012
- Co-author, "Philippine Government Provides Policies and Guidelines for Reforms in the Philippine Mining Sector," Mining and Metals Client Alert, July 2012
- Co-author, Politics and Tenure in the Philippines," Mining and Metals Newsletter, September 2010