Nathalja Doing is a legal director in Baker McKenzie Amsterdam's IP, Data and Technology team. Nathalja has particular knowledge on emerging EU and national laws and regulations in the digital society, including platform and content regulation, (digital) marketing and advertising, and data protection.
Nathalja's practice focuses on advising international clients on a variety of legal matters in connection with digital technologies, including platform regulation, e-commerce, consumer protection, copyrights, and marketing and advertising. She also advises a variety of clients and data protection and GDPR compliance. Besides advisory work, Nathalja is experienced in litigation, contracting and coordinating and managing cross-jurisdictional projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising social media and online platform clients on content and platform regulation
- Advising various companies and, on a pro bono basis, humanitarian foundations on GDPR compliance requirements and implementation steps
- Advising a variety of consumer facing clients on (digital) marketing and advertising campaigns and initiatives
- Advising e-commerce clients on consumer protection and e-commerce regulation
- Winner, Moot Court of the Young Bar Association Utrecht, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Dutch Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR) – Member
- Association for Privacy Law (VPR) – Member
- The Netherlands Advertising Law Association (VvRr) – Member
- Advised a start-up foundation on intellectual property matters in the course of Baker McKenzie's cooperation with Pro Bono Connect.
- Advised several humanitary foundations on data protection (GDPR) rules and requirements.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2013)
- Grotius Post Graduate Program (Certificate IT law) (2017)
- Dutch Bar Association (Certificate Course Legal practice) (2016)
- University of Amsterdam (LL.M. Information law) (2012)
- Utrecht University (LL.B. Dutch civil law) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.