Claire advises domestic and foreign enterprises, sponsors, banks and financial investors on M&A, joint ventures, projects and related financings in the energy and infrastructure sector. She has extensive experience advising on generation assets (gas, coal, nuclear, renewables), storages as well as transmission and distribution assets.
Claire's practice also covers regulatory advice such as unbundling, third party access regimes and grid fees. She also advises on all stages of project development, particularly for renewable energy facilities, from early-stage structuring to financing, and share or asset deal transactions to PPAs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Vestas Group on the acquisition of a 25.1% minority stake in SOWITEC group GmbH.
- Advised investors on the proposed acquisition of shareholdings in the offshore wind farms Gode Wind I and Arkona.
- Advised Evonik with respect to energy law issues in connection with the sale of its methacrylate business to the financial investor Advent International.
- Advised Kansai Electric Power on the participation in the NeuConnect consortium which will build, finance and operate the first interconnector between Germany and the UK, i.e. two submarine 500 kV HVDC-cables.
- Advised a consortium of German banks, led by Bayerische Landesbank, and DTEK Renewables with respect to the ECA-backed financing of the construction of Primorska wind farm (200MW) in Zaporizhzhya region in Ukraine.
- Advised Bayer with respect to energy law issues in connection with the sale of the industry park operator Currenta to Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA).
- Advised Infracapital, the infrastructure equity investment arm of M&G Prudential, on its investment in the CCNST Group (including the telecommunications network operator Amplus AG), a leading provider of broadband services in Germany.
- Advised investors on the proposed acquisition of the fiber network operators inexio group and GVG Glasfaser GmbH.
- Advised Commerz Real Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft (KVG) on its acquisition of the wind farm Fläming (16.8 MW) as well as two wind farms in Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland for its "CR Institutional Renewable Energies Fund".
- Advised ALBA Group on joint ventures regarding its China business and its service segment with Techcent in an auction process.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German-American Lawyers' Association - Member
- Germany (2011)
- Fordham University School of Law (LL.M.) (2011)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Doctor Iuris) (2009)
- Free University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2006)
Co-author, "Unbundling of Grids," Electricity Grids: Legal and Economic Aspects, 2014