Meredith DeMent is a member of the Firm’s International Trade Compliance and Customs Practice Group. She counsels US and multinational clients on all aspects of US customs law. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. DeMent worked as an associate at a boutique international trade firm in Washington, DC where she represented clients in antidumping duty and customs matters before the US Department of Commerce, the US Court of International Trade, and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Ms. DeMent assists clients with tariff classification, valuation, country-of-origin marking, import restraints, duty-preference programs, and other related matters. She has experience with customs prior disclosures, penalty petitions, compliance audits, trade litigation, and enforcement actions before US Customs and Border Protection. Ms. DeMent also advises clients on international trade due diligence in connection with cross-border transactions, strategic customs planning, and the design, implementation, and administration of effective compliance programs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Compliance Professionals Association - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2011)
- Court of International Trade~United States (2009)
- Maryland~United States (2009)
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D.) (2009)
- Claremont McKenna College (B.A. International Relations and History) (2004)