Pamela Dayanim acts as chair of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group and a member of the Management Committee for Baker McKenzie's Washington, DC office. She began her career with the Firm as a summer associate in the Washington, DC office in 2000. Prior to rejoining the Firm in 2006, Pamela practiced at a corporate law firm in Tel Aviv, where she counseled Israeli Nasdaq-listed companies on their US corporate and securities law requirements.
Pamela has been recognized as a "Star Lawyer" by Acritas.
Pamela has extensive experience with the planning and implementation of complex global corporate reorganization transactions for multinational clients, including post-acquisition integrations, pre-transaction separations and spin-offs, entity rationalizations and tax-planning restructurings. In addition, Pamela advises clients on establishing operations outside the United States.
Pamela represents domestic and foreign clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, ongoing securities law reporting, securities law compliance, and corporate governance issues.
Pamela also counsels on a range of corporate and finance transactions, including venture capital investments and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US publicly-traded multi-national company in the global restructuring relating to the spin-off of its China business.
- Represented a US publicly-traded multi-national company in a strategic reorganization (involving over 40 jurisdictions) in the food industry.
- Represented a US publicly-traded multi-national company in the global restructuring relating to the spin-off of its commercial and residential security business.
- Represented a US publicly-traded company in the restructuring of its US subsidiaries relating to the spin-off of its digital automotive marketplace business.
- Represented a US publicly-traded company in the restructuring of its US subsidiaries relating to the spin-off of its publishing business.
- Represented a lodging REIT in its initial public offering and follow-on public and private offerings of both debt and equity securities, including bond offerings, preferred stock offerings, rights offering and at-the-market equity offering.
- Represented an information technology government contractor in connection with its leveraged employee buyout, initial public offering, and its subsequent 144A high yield notes offerings and Exxon Capital registered exchange offerings.
- Represented numerous US publicly-traded companies with respect to securities law reporting and corporate governance matters.
- Represented the World Bank in connection with a multi-jurisdictional survey of the financial services, securities, commodities and tax issues related to the operations and transactions of two carbon finance funds.
- Represented US publicly-traded company in connection with a USD 900 million financial restructuring.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- The Children's Tumor Foundation, DC Tri-State Chapter
- District of Columbia~United States (2002)
- New York~United States (2002)
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD cum laude) (2001)
- Duke University (AB magna cum laude) (1997)