Jorge Danos has more than 20 years of experience continuously advising several state companies and public entities, including his constant participation in the different commissions in Congress created for the preparation of norms on administrative law. He was president of the commissions in charge of the preparation of the Draft for the General Administrative Procedure and the Draft for the Litigious – Administrative Procedure.
Jorge practices administrative law, law on regulated markets, concessions of infrastructure and public services, and constitutional law with a focus on constitutional processes, economic and tax constitutional law. He has represented economic agents and private companies with regard to government entities, both in administrative and judicial processes. He has also participated in the preparation of several current norms as well as in the legal design of several processes of promotion of private investment in public services and infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Ferrovias Central Andina SA on an arbitration process initiated by Peru´s Infrastructure and Communications Ministry to claim breaches of the Concession Agreement granted by said government agency to operate, design and improve the “Railway of the Centre”. The complaint was intended to obtain the reimbursement of the municipal taxes paid by such agency for the railway stations that are part of the Concession Agreement.
- Advised Petroleos del Peru, a state company dedicated to the transporting, refining, distributing and commercializing oil and other petroleum products, on the creation of innovative mechanism to develop complementary infrastructure in the Talara refinery (the second biggest refinery of the country with a capacity of production of 65,000 barrels a day).
- Advised Superintendencia Nacional de Bienes Estatales, Peru’s National State Property Agency, on the implementation of Law 30230 which grants this agency with the capacity to sanction (on the framework of a sanctioning proceeding) those who invade the state property in order to guarantee the safeguarding of these lands. This mandate included helping the client draft a regulation to apply and implement the aforementioned law, define the limits of its sanctioning power and the elaboration of a legal report supporting the proposed regulation.
- By Resolution No. 0293-2016-JUS, Jorge Danos was designated by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights as member of the Commission responsible for drafting a bill to modify the General Administrative Procedure Law, the main regulatory body of administrative law in the country, with the purpose of optimizing this legal framework and guaranteeing the efficiency of government agencies as well as the defense of human rights of citizens in their interaction with public entities.
- Assisted Empresa Peruana de Servicios Editoriales S.A., a public company in charge of the publication of the “Diario Oficial El Peruano,” the official newspaper where the laws and regulations of the Peruvian legal system must be published in order to become enforceable laws, on the elaboration of a Bill which aims to improve the legal system for the publication of laws and regulations.
- Band 1 in Public Law - Peru, Chambers Latin America, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consultative Council of the Judicial Branch - Member
- Peruvian Association for Administrative Law - Chairman
- Iber–American Forum on Administrative Law - Vice chairman
- IDESER – Institute for Public Services Law - Vice chairman
- IPDT – Peruvian Institute for Tax Law - Member
- Lima Bar Association - Member
- Peru (1986)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Doctor in Constitutional Law) (1993)
- Center for Constitutional and Political Studies in Madrid (Diploma in Constitutional Law) (1993)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Master's Degree in Constitutional Law) (1991)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (1986)
Estudio Echecopar is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein