Roberto Cursano has been a lawyer in Baker McKenzie since September 2007. He focuses on healthcare law and compliance, and assists in tender procedures, the negotiation of public contracts and litigation before administrative courts. Mr. Cursano is a former administrative officer in the Italian Ministry of Health and helps clients work closely with the Italian Public Administration. He is admitted to the bar before the Italian Supreme Court and the Council of State.
As well as training and tutoring in the master’s degree program on clinical trials of pharmaceutical products at the University of Rome Sapienza, Mr. Cursano regularly publishes articles and scientific contributions. He also frequently hosts and participates in seminars and presentations on pharmaceutical and administrative law matters.
Mr. Cursano advises primarily on pharmaceutical and healthcare matters. These include product licensing and marketing, clinical trials, pricing and reimbursement, promotions, interactions with healthcare professionals, distribution of products, and public procurement issues.
Additionally, he assists in anti-bribery matters and related investigations, and helps set up internal compliance models preventing corruption-related crimes, money laundering and corporate crimes (so-called Law 231 Models). He also advises on administrative/public law, including export control law and public procurement law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rome Bar Association
- Italy (2002)
- University of Teramo (Ph.D. Italian and EU Constitutional Law) (2010)
- Regional Institute of Legal Studies for Lazio A.C. Jemolo (Post-Graduate Course for Legal Experts) (2000)
- University of Rome (J.D.) (1998)
- Author, "The Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property and Competition Law Review" - Italian Chapter, 2020
- Author, "How Foreign Companies Can Protect themselves Against Criminal Liability in Ital" - The Anti-Corruption report, 2020
- Author, The Life Sciences Law Review - Italian Chapter, 2019
- Author, "What Multinationals Need to Know About Italy’s New Whistleblowing Provisions" - The Anti-Corruption Report, 2018
- Author, "The Italian Organismo di Vigilanza, A Model for an Effective Compliance Committee," FCPA report, 2016
- Author, "Global harmonization of combination products Regulation EU vs US," Clinica, December 2015