Loic Coutelier is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Employment Practice Group in Palo Alto. Loic advises clients on domestic and cross-border employment matters arising throughout the employment relationship. Loic also frequently counsels clients on employment law matters arising from domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and global corporate reorganizations.
Loic was originally trained as an international arbitration specialist and worked for several years in Europe and Asia. He also worked five years for a Silicon Valley legal-tech start-up, from its creation to its successful acquisition.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Loic handled the following matters:
Represented an employer in a California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement settlement hearing against former employee alleging unlawful wage deduction.
Advised a global technology company on the drafting and implementation of work rules and employee handbooks in the US and in over 50 countries.
Performed internal pay audit for a publicly traded US micro-chip manufacturer.
Advised a publicly traded US biomedical manufacturer on the creation, testing, and implementation of its GDPR compliance program.
Advised a large real estate company on the creation, testing, and implementation of its CCPA compliance program.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member and Certified Information Privacy Professional for Europe
- California~United States (2018)
- New York~United States (2012)
- Stanford Law School (LLM in International Economic Law, Business, and Policy) (2011)
- University of Versailles (Masters of Law in International Arbitration and International Business Law) (2008)
- University of Grenoble (MST JET JTA) (2007)
- Author, “The New Frontier of Online Dispute Resolution: Online Divorce Mediation”, American Bar Association, September 2015
- Author, “State and Local Governments: Unlikely Supporters of ODR”, Thomson Reuters – Legal Executive Institute, 11 June 2015
- Author, “Annulment and Court Intervention in International Commercial Arbitration”, Revista de Arbitragem, V.1 (Jun. 2012), 149 June 2012
- Author, “Sailing the Muddy Waters of Arbitration in China”, Versailles International Arbitration and Business Law Review, Vol. 2 (November 2011), 155 November 2011
- Author, “L’affirmation du contrôle formel de l’accomplissement de sa mission par l’amiable compositeur, Cass. civ. 1re, 17 décembre 2008: Société Odalys”, Chronique du Droit de l’Arbitrage, Les Petites Affiches, 16 mars 2009