Tiffany Conley is a foreign registered lawyer in Baker McKenzie's market leading Intellectual Property practice in Hong Kong. She specializes on trademarks, copyright and commercialization of Intellectual Property and has acted as lead lawyer on numerous IP matters for some of the world's most well-known and recognizable brands. Tiffany is the Firm's Lead Lawyer for the Asia Pacific Cosmetics Industry Sub-Group of the Consumer Goods and Retail Industry Group.
Tiffany's practice comprises of global and regional IP portfolio management, brand strategy and protection, contentious and non-contentious IP matters, regulatory advice including food and cosmetics product labeling advice, Registered Design, Domain name and Copyright matters. She also specializes in the commercialization of IP and regularly advises on licensing, franchising, NDA's and related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a leading luxury and fashion conglomerate on its brand strategy in Asia Pacific for several of its iconic brands.
- Advising a multi-national food and beverage company on various labeling and regulatory issues in Hong Kong.
- Advising a leading international fitness and lifestyle company on its brand strategy, risks and protection in Asia and worldwide.
- Advising on, preparing and executing the master franchise agreement for an international confectionery brand.
- Advising an international insurance and investment company on its brand strategy in Asia Pacific, commercial and regulatory compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Luxury and Retail Committee of the British Chamber of Commerce - Executive Member
- Institute of Intellectual Property of South Africa - Member
- Young Lawyers Association (WC) - Chair
- UWC LSC and ex officio SRC - Chair
- Registered Foreign Lawyer~Hong Kong (2017)
- High Court of South Africa (2010)
- University of the Western Cape (LL.B.) (2007)