Kenneth Chua is a partner and the head of Quisumbing Torres' Employment Practice Group and Services Industry Group. He has 18 years of experience advising clients on various labor and employment issues, including compensation and benefits, employment contract and employee handbook. He serves as the vice chairperson for Labor of the Legislative Committee, Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP). He sits in the Tripartite Executive Committee of the Department of Labor and Employment as representative of the employer sector. He participates in the Technical Working Group on Labor and Social Policy Issues of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines.
Kenneth’s practice focuses on general employment advice, compensation and benefits, pension funds, global equity services, and executive compensation and movement. He has represented multinational corporations in labor and employment matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assist a leading manufacturer of semiconductors and other electronic components in implementing the employee transfer following the merging of operations of its two companies within the same factory, with the view of minimizing the risk of illegal dismissal complaints.
- Assist a US-based, international developer of video server systems and software on employment issues in relation to its headcount reduction exercise.
- Advise a leading manufacturer of medical equipment and supplies on employment laws for the Philippine aspect of its headcount reduction exercise in Asia.
- Advise a leading provider of project management software on the internal sexual harassment complaint filed by a junior employee against a senior officer.
- Leading Individual in Employment, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2014-2018
- Leading Individual in Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2012-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines - Vice Chair for Labor of the Legislative Committee
- Philippine Department (Ministry) of Labor and Employment - Member of Tripartite Executive Committee
- Philippines (1999)
- Ateneo de Manila University (J.D. cum laude, salutatorian) (1998)
- Ateneo de Manila University (B.S. Honors) (1989)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.