Derk Christiaans is an associate in the Competition & Trade department of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office and advises (multi)national companies on EU, competition and trade matters in various industries, including healthcare and life sciences, TMT, and consumer goods and retail.
Derk advises clients on a wide variety of EU, regulatory and competition law matters, including merger control, cartels and vertical agreements. In addition, he advises and assists clients with respect to compliance and enforcement issues relating to EU and Dutch export controls, trade laws and sanctions. Derk has further acted for clients in various compliance investigations, both internally and involving government authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Dutch Competition Law Association
- Amsterdam (2015)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LL.M. International & European Law) (2014)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Visiting student) (2014)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LL.B. European Law School) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.