William Cho is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice Group. William’s practice focuses on IPOs and other corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general commercial transactions. William also provides legal advice to listed companies on their compliance of listing rules and other regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Initial Public Offerings
- Advised Sony Music Entertainment as a cornerstone investor on the IPO and listing of shares of Cloud Village Inc. (Stock Code: 9899) on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange; deal value: HKD 3.28 billion.
- Advised SF REIT (Stock Code: 2191) on its REIT IPO and listing on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, which is the first logistics-focused REIT in Hong Kong.
- Advised 3SBio Inc. (Stock Code: 1530) on the spin-off listing of its subsidiary, Sunshine Guojian Pharmaceutical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (Stock Code: 688336), on the STAR Market, the Science and Technology Innovation Board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Advised China Merchants Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust (Stock Code: 1503) on its IPO and listing of REIT units on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange; deal value HKD 2.57 billion.
- Advised CICC, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley (as the joint sponsors and/or underwriters) on the IPO and listing of the H shares of Shanghai Dongzheng Automotive Finance Co., Ltd. (Stock Code: 2718) on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange; deal value: HKD 1.65 billion.
Equity and Debt Fund Raisings by Listed Issuers
- Advised Waven World Limited, a company owned by Gaw Capital Partners, on the subscription of convertible bonds issued by Hong Kong listed Union Medical Healthcare Limited, the largest non-hospital medical service provider in Hong Kong.
- Advised SK Co., Ltd., a Korean conglomerate, on the block trade of its shares in China Gas Holdings Limited (Stock Code: 384), as seller's counsel; deal value: HKD 16.7 billion.
- Advised Chong Hing Bank Limited (Stock Code: 1111) on its rights issue, as the issuer's counsel; deal value: HKD 4.0 billion. Chong Hing Bank was one of the issuers formerly on the list of Stock Connect and was subsequently privatised.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised 3SBio Inc (Stock Code: 1530) on and its employee-owned company on the off-market share buy-back and acquisition of sale shares by mighty decade from the second largest shareholder; deal value: HKD 855 million.
- Advised Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Limited (Stock Code: 2314) on the acquisition of land in Cambodia and the set-up of VIE structure; deal value: USD 98.75 million.
- Hong Kong (2013)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL., (Distinction)) (2011)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.