Fani is a New York qualified associate in the Firm's Corporate Finance group in London. Prior to joining the firm, she was working in a leading law firm in Athens, Greece. Fani has experience working on a wide range of corporate finance transactions, including high yield debt offerings, syndicated credit facilities and restructuring transactions.
Focusing particularly on high yield debt offerings, Fani’s practice includes the representation of corporations, private equity funds, investment banks and underwriters with respect to corporate finance transactions, including cross-border Rule 144A and Regulation S debt offerings, private placements, credit facilities and restructurings. Fani also regularly works on the syndicated loan side of transactions as well as liability management transactions, including debt exchange and tender offers.
Representative Legal Matters
- A syndicate of 10 underwriters on USD 2.5 billion (equivalent) (upsized from USD 2.06 billion) sustainability-linked four tranche high yield bond offering by certain subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited. The Notes were SEC registered. Advised the dealer managers on the concurrent 6-tiered priority-acceptance tender offer to purchase up to USD 2.25 billion of certain of its other outstanding bonds.
- A syndicate of initial purchasers on a sustainability-linked financing to Liberty Latin America's subsidiary, Liberty Costa Rica. The financing package consisted of a USD 50 million A Loan and a USD 400 million sustainability-linked senior secured notes due 2031 B Loan/B-Bond structure.
- An investor and lender in connection with a USD 125 million private high yield PIK bond to fund the capital requirements of a large international ship building company.
- Jain Irrigation Systems Limited on its successful restructuring, implemented by way of an English law scheme of arrangement under Part 26 of the UK Companies Act 2006. As part of the restructuring, a new USD 30 million first lien facility was put in place and the existing USD 200 million 7.125% senior notes due 2022 were exchanged for new notes (three series) or tendered for cash.
Prior to joining the Firm, Fani represented:
- The joint lead managers, on the Hellenic Republic's issuance of EUR 2.5 billion, 1.85 per cent notes due 2035.
- Alpha Services and Holdings S.A. on its share capital increase, amounting to EUR 0.8 billion, through a combined offering of non-preemptive 800,000,000 new ordinary registered voting shares (Rule 144A/Regulation S private placement to institutional investors outside Greece and public offering to qualified investors in Greece).
- Alpha Bank S.A. on the approximately EUR 15 billion issuance of senior and subordinated debt securities under the EMTN Programme and the successful issuance of a landmark EUR 500 million Tier II subordinated bond.
- Alpha Bank S.A. on its issuance of EUR 500 million senior preferred notes due 2028, with a yield of 2.625% and a coupon of 2.5%, listed on Luxembourg Stock Exchange - Euro MTF market.
- Piraeus Bank S.A., National Bank of Greece S.A., Alpha Bank S.A. and Eurobank S.A., as underwriters and mandated lead arrangers, in connection with the issuance by Athens International Airport S.A. of approximately EUR 905.6 million bond loans.
- New York
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.)
- NYU Stern School of Business (Advanced Professional Certificate in Business & Law)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (LL.B.)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.