Nopporn joined Baker McKenzie in 2007 after practicing tax law with another law firm in Bangkok for seven years. He became a Partner in 2016 and is currently active in the Tax Practice Group.
With his combined 21 years of practice, Nopporn provides clients with comprehensive legal advices on tax law and other aspects of civil and commercial law, assists clients in implementing corporate restructuring, as well as represents clients in tax litigation and dispute resolution.
Representative Legal Matters
Restructuring and M&A planning
- Providing advice on tax matters and tax efficiency for business integration of two insurance companies by amalgamation. Handling implementation phases from seeking regulatory approvals from the Office of Insurance Commission, internal restructuring, and detailed sequencing of high-volume VAT and SBT registrations to meet rigorous timing regulations.
- Acting for the largest pharmaceutical company in Asia and leading the EBT application for a complex global business integration. Our work in this heavily-regulated industry set the model for the subsequent jurisdictions. Advising on tax issues including share transfers, capital reduction, entire business transfer, dividend distribution, dissolution and liquidation, managing supply continuity for over 30 product registrations and coordinating with creditors and stakeholders.
- Advising on a bank merger and transaction involving sales and acquisition of shares.
- Representing a technology company in meetings with the Thai tax authority regarding the development of an extra-territorial VAT draft bill. Advising the company on tax implications regarding business operations in Thailand on topics ranging from methods of payment-to-payment models for gift cards, and insurance programs.
- Representing a Thai airline in complex property tax litigation involving a property fund.
- Representing a film production house in a tax appeal case concerning eligibility to zero percent VAT.
- Representing a world-leading telecoms cable manufacturer in tax litigation concerning CIT and VAT on sale transaction with the Thai state enterprise.
- Representing the biggest ICD operator in a property tax dispute.
- Representing one of the world's leading jewelry manufacturers in tax litigation involving hedging transactions of precious raw materials.
Band 3, individual award in Tax, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2022
- Thailand (2007)
- University of Florida (LL.M. in International Taxation) (2012)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.