Pete is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution and Compliance and Investigations teams, based in London. He advises clients, primarily in the financial services sector, in relation to corporate investigations, regulatory enforcement, financial-crime and civil litigation. Pete also has experience advising private equity firms on the regulatory and financial-crime risks associated with potential acquisitions.
Pete spent two years on secondment with a leading international bank, assisting with a series of high-profile financial-crime regulatory investigations and enforcements in the Asia Pacific and EMEA regions. Pete has an LLM in commercial law from the University of Cambridge and is on the Committee of the Transparency International Professional Supporters Network.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Pete’s experience includes:
- Assisting an international bank with a series of high-profile financial-crime regulatory investigations and enforcements.
- Representing various international banks in connection with allegations of financial controls and reporting breaches.
- Assisting an investment fund investigate allegations of senior management behavioural misconduct.
- Advising private equity funds on the financial-crime, compliance and reputational risks associated with potential acquisitions.
- Representing individual Directors in response to allegations of fraud and breaches of duty.
- Advising an investment fund following allegations of insider trading and market manipulation.
- Representing law firms and financial advisors in professional negligence claims.
- England & Wales (2014)
- University of Cambridge (LLM)
- University of Law