Pete is a senior associate in the Compliance and Investigations and Dispute Resolution teams, based in London. Pete has experience in regulatory enforcement, internal investigations and civil litigation in the banking and financial services sectors.
Pete also advises clients on the regulatory, compliance and enforcement risks, attaching to corporate acquisitions and re-structurings. Pete spent two years on secondment with a leading international bank, advising it on a multi-jurisdictional regulatory enforcement action.
Pete is on the Committee of the Transparency International Professional Supporters Network.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising senior officers of a bank subject to enforcement investigations under MAR and the DTR.
- Assisting a firm investigate a whistle-blower report of sexual harassment and embezzlement.
- Advising a bank in connection with the theft of its data by an employee.
- Assisting a financial services company investigate a whistle-blower report of money laundering.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund in connection with allegations of fraud.
- Advising a global transportation company in connection with a commercial cyber-attack.
- Advising a HM Government department and a former officer subject to a professional-conduct enforcement investigation.
- Advising a bank in connection with employee fraud and market abuse.
- Assisting an energy company investigate a regulatory event.
Prior to joining the Firm, Pete’s experience includes:
- Advising a leading international bank on a multi-jurisdictional regulatory enforcement action.
- England & Wales (2014)
- University of Cambridge (LLM)
- University of Law