Jacqueline Chan is an IP/Tech lawyer focusing on advisory, transactional and litigation matters. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2022, after working at a top commercial litigation boutique, primarily in intellectual property and technology law.
Jacqueline holds a Bachelor of Applied Science and a Master of Applied Science in Industrial Engineering from the University of Toronto. Prior to law school, she worked as a process improvement analyst a major teaching hospital and a business analyst at a global technology consulting firm, where she advised clients on information privacy and security compliance.
Jacqueline assists on a variety of intellectual property matters, particularly in relation to patent, copyright, and trademark disputes. Jacqueline has experience assisting clients in the healthcare, technology, transportation, and food industries, and has acted as counsel on matters before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an American technology company in patent infringement actions involving patents related to digital entertainment technologies.
- Represented a multinational software company in contractual disputes involving cloud computing technology.
- Advised Canadian construction consortiums on managing contractual disputes associated with various transit infrastructure projects.
- Represented intervenors in an appeal before the Supreme Court on the issue of fair dealing and mandatory tariffs before the Copyright Board.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario – Member
- Canadian Bar Association – Member
- Ontario Bar Association – Member
- The Advocates' Society – Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) - Young Practitioners Committee (2021-present)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG)
- Group of Racialized (Ontario) Women Litigators (GROWL)
- Ontario~Canada (2019)
- Queen's University (JD) (2018)
- University of Toronto (Masters of Applied Science, Industrial Engineering) (2014)
- University of Toronto (Bachelor of Applied Science, Industrial Engineering) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.