Simone Rieken is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Frankfurt office and a member of the Information Technology Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked for a large German corporate law firm, focusing on IT and data protection law. She studied law at the University of Trier and at Queen Mary, University of London and clerked in Hamburg and Los Angeles.
Representative Legal Matters
- Seconded to one of the world's largest management consulting, technology and outsourcing service providers to work on transactional contracting.
- Advised in connection with RfPs for IT projects and outsourcing, including the drafting of contracts and the preparation of proposals.
- Advised on data protection concerning the implementation of a data management platform and related website tracking and profiling.
- Advised concerning direct marketing campaigns pursuant to data protection and unfair competition law, including the drafting of related consents.
- Advised with regard to mobile applications and online shops pursuant to data protection and e-commerce law.
- Advised globally operating clients from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR, including the drafting of notices, contracts and declarations of consent.
- Rising star in information technology: IT transactions and outsourcing, Legal 500 Europe 2021/22
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht & Informatik e.V. (DGRI) - Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member
- Germany (2014)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg (Assessor Exam) (2013)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LL.M.) (2011)
- University of Trier (Referendar Exam) (2010)
- Co-author (with Lukas Feiler, et al.), "Whistleblowing & Internal Investigations - Praxiskommentar zur Whistleblowing-Richtlinie," LexisNexis ARD ORAC, September 2021
- Co-author (with Magalie Dansac Le Clerc, et al.), "Consideration for EU Service Providers Supporting EU and Non-EU Customers," ConnectOnTech, June 2021
- Co-author (with Brian Hengesbaugh, et al.), "The New European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses: What you need to know," ConnectOnTech, June 2021
- Co-author (with Lukas Feiler, et al.) Handbook "Hinweisgebersysteme - Implementierung in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz," 2nd edition by Nic Behr, Felix Ruhmannseder and Georg Krakow, Müller C.F. Wirtschaftsrecht series, June 2021
- Author "OLG Frankfurt: Kein „Kopplungsverbot“ bei Teilnahme an Gewinnspiel," Baker McKenzie Kompass, September 2019
- Co-author (with Hagen Köckeritz and Holger Lutz), "Outsourcing in Germany," Lexology, 13 February 2019
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.