Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Evonik on the carve-out and subsequent sale of its EUR 3 billion methacrylate business to Advent International, including coordination of environmental matters worldwide.
- Advised Bayer AG on environmental matters in connection with the sale of its participation in the chemical park operator Currenta and related real estate to Macquarie Infrastructure.
- Advised EP Power Europe, a.s., a subsidiary of the Czech energy supply company EPH, on environmental matters in connection with the acquisition of STEAG Power Minerals Group.
- Advised Air Liquide on environmental matters in connection with the sale of the Schülke Group, a leading international company in the fields of hygiene and infection prevention, to the Swedish financial investor EQT.
- Advised the State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania as a project manager appointed pursuant to the German Energy Act in the planning and permit procedure for several offshore grid connection cables in the Baltic Sea.
- Advised Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. and Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of participations in two Offshore TSOs that operate the offshore HVDC transmission lines BorWin 1, BorWin 2, DolWin 2 and HelWin 2.
- Advised Commerz Real Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft on the acquisition of several wind farms in Eastern Germany.
- Advised a consortium of fund managers, including First State Investments, on the acquisition of the ferry operator Scandlines.
- Advised an investor in the structured bidding procedure under EU State aid law for the acquisition of the holding of a Federal State in a German regional airport.
- Advised Infracapital, the infrastructure equity investment arm of M&G Prudential, on its investment in the CCNST Group (including the telecommunications network operator amplus AG), a leading provider of broadband services in Southern Germany.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gesellschaft für Umweltrecht (Society for Environmental Law) - Member
- Germany (2002)
- University of Würzburg (Dr. iur., summa cum laude) (2002)
- Würzburg Regional Court (Assessor Exam) (1998)
- University of Würzburg (Referendar Exam) (1996)
- Co-author (with Verena Bärenbrinker), "Die Rechtsprechung der Europäischen Gerichte auf dem Gebiet des Beihilferechts im Jahr 2019," EWS, Volume 2, April 2021
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel, Andreas Schulz, Katharina Weiner und Maximilian Voll), "Handbuch Vergaberecht," Marc Gabriel / Wolfram Krohn, 3rd edition, 24 March 2021, beck-shop.de
- Co-author (with Johannes Döveling, Caroline Heinickel, Nicolas Kredel, Holger Lutz, Jens Rubart, Joachim Scherer, Matthias Scholz), "TKG - Telekommunikationsgesetz Kommentar," 3rd edition 2021, ESV Medien, 10.11.2020
- Co-author (with Matthias Scholz, Joachim Scherer, Caroline Heinickel, Nicolas Kredel, Holger Lutz, Jens Rubart),"TKG - Telekommunikationsgesetz - Kommentar," 3. Auflage 2020, Erich Schmidt Verlag, September 2020
- Interviewee, "Entschädigung kommt nur bei rechtswidriger Anordnung in Betracht," Börsen-Zeitung, 15.8.2020
- Co-author (with Verena Bärenbrinker), "Die Rechtsprechung der Europäischen Gerichte in dem Gebiet des Beihilferechts im Jahre 2018 | 11," Europäisches Wirtschafts- und Steuerrecht, Betriebs-Berater Europa, S. 1 - 60, 31 JG.3.3.2020
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.