Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Evonik on the carve-out and subsequent sale of its EUR 3 billion methacrylate business to Advent International, including coordination of environmental matters worldwide.
- Advised Bayer AG on environmental matters in connection with the sale of its participation in the chemical park operator Currenta and related real estate to Macquarie Infrastructure.
- Advised an international energy company on the acquisition of participations in several project companies that hold rights to offshore wind projects in the North Sea
- Advised the State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania as a project manager appointed pursuant to the German Energy Act in the planning and permit procedure for several offshore grid connection cables in the Baltic Sea.
- Advised an industrial association on funding opportunities in Germany for hydrogen storage facilities.
- Advised a luxury automotive manufacturer on the development and implementation of its business model in line with regulatory requirements under the German Charging Point Ordinance and the EU Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Directive.
- Advised an investor on the acquisition of all shares in the German broadband network operator GVG Fiber.
- Advised an infrastructure investor in the bidding procedure for the acquisition of a participation in the German broadband network operator inexio.
Subsidies and State Aid
- Advised an international pharmaceuticals company on the EU State aid rules for research and development collaboration projects with universities and research organizations.
- Advised an investor in the structured bidding procedure under EU State aid law for the acquisition of the holding of a Federal State in a German regional airport.
- Advised CureVac AG in the public tender of the German Federal government for the procurement of manufacturing capacities for the purposes of national pandemic preparedness.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gesellschaft für Umweltrecht (Society for Environmental Law) - Member
- Germany (2002)
- University of Würzburg (Dr. iur., summa cum laude) (2002)
- Würzburg Regional Court (Assessor Exam) (1998)
- University of Würzburg (Referendar Exam) (1996)
- Author of the chapter "Subsidy law and EU State aid rules", in: Kästle/Svernlöv (eds.), Legal Due Diligence in International M&A Transactions, 2022 (forthcoming)
- Co-author (with Verena Bärenbrinker), "Die Rechtsprechung der Europäischen Gerichte auf dem Gebiet des Beihilferechts im Jahr 2020," EWS, Volume 6, December 2021
- Co-author (with Verena Bärenbrinker), "Die Rechtsprechung der Europäischen Gerichte auf dem Gebiet des Beihilferechts im Jahr 2019," EWS, Volume 2, April 2021
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel, Andreas Schulz, Katharina Weiner und Maximilian Voll), "Handbuch Vergaberecht," Marc Gabriel / Wolfram Krohn, 3rd edition, 24 March 2021, beck-shop.de
- Co-author (with Johannes Döveling, Caroline Heinickel, Nicolas Kredel, Holger Lutz, Jens Rubart, Joachim Scherer, Matthias Scholz), "TKG - Telekommunikationsgesetz Kommentar," 3rd edition 2021, ESV Medien, 10.11.2020
- Co-author (with Matthias Scholz, Joachim Scherer, Caroline Heinickel, Nicolas Kredel, Holger Lutz, Jens Rubart),"TKG - Telekommunikationsgesetz - Kommentar," 3. Auflage 2020, Erich Schmidt Verlag, September 2020
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.