Lukas Brügger is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office and a member of the Firm’s Banking and Finance Practice Group. He graduated from the University of St.Gallen with a Master's degree in Law and Economics. Subsequently, he clerked as a trainee at a court of first instance. Lukas was admitted to the bar in 2018. Thereafter, he worked as a consultant in a Big4 company and served at a United Nation’s peacekeeping mission. He joined the Firm in 2022 as an associate.
Lukas' practice focuses on financial services and capital markets law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Swiss banks on the implementation of the new FIDLEG regulation.
- Supported financial institutions on AML compliance in both legacy cases and implementation of new frameworks.
- Advised financial institutions on their cross border frameworks.
- Switzerland (2018)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. in Law and Economics) (2016)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. in Law and Economics) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.