Julia Braun joined Baker McKenzie in January 2018 as a member of the Firm's Corporate group in the Munich office. Julia has more than 11 years of professional experience in local and international M&A, private equity, growth capital, venture capital and equity capital markets transactions. Her experience includes working with biotech and life science companies and their financial sponsors.
Julia served as member of her previous law firm's pro bono committee for 10 years.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Julia handled the following matters:
- Advised a selling investors consortium including Boehringer Ingelheim, Forbion Capital, MP Healthcare, Sunstone Capital and Wellington Partners in an auctioned cross border acquisition of German Rigontec, a leader in RIG-I targeting RNA therapeutics by Merck Sharp Dohme.
- Advised the selling shareholders of Sensovation AG (inter alia HeidelbergCapital and Aeris Capital) on the sale of their shares to Miltenyi Biotec Group.
- Advised as investor syndicate counsel to LSP Life Sciences Partners (Lead), Bristol-Myers Squibb, BioMedPartners, Boehringer Ingelheim and High-Tech Gründerfonds on all legal aspects of Cardior Pharmaceuticals’ Series A Financing, a university carve-out including equity financing, in-licensing of intellectual property from Medizinische Hochschule Hannover and Max Planck Gesellschaft as well as hiring of key personnel.
- Advised PhotoBox Holdco Ltd., Europe’s leading digital consumer service for personalized products and gifts, in its acquisition of Munich-based posterXXL Aktiengesellschaft, a leading service in Germany’s online photo print market.
- Advised a sellers' consortium led by HeidelbergCapital and Creathor Venture on the sale of their shares in Accovion, a leading European full-service CRO headquartered in Frankfurt to Clinipace Worldwide Inc.
- Advised Cleverciti Systems GmbH, an innovative smart parking solutions provider, on its series A financing round with Belgium investor SPDG S.A. as financial and strategic lead investor and German KfW as co-investor.
- Advised NORMA Group AG on its EUR 386 million initial public offering on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (DACH deal of the year award at the 2012 Real Deals Private Equity Awards for 3i’s successful investment in NORMA).
- Advised OXEA Chemicals Group, a portfolio company of leading global private equity firm Advent International Corporation, on the acquisition of ExxonMobil’s ester plant in Amsterdam.
- Advised 3i Group plc, the UK-listed global private equity company, on the disposal of a larger portfolio of quoted and unquoted company interests in a secondary portfolio transaction to Heidelberg Capital Partners.
- Germany (2006)
- University of Cape Town (LLM) (2005)
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Second State Exam) (2004)
- University of Bayreuth (First State Exam) (2001)