Laura Bortels is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Public Law Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Laura practiced in another international law firm and focused on intellectual property from 2015 to 2018. She worked as a research assistant from 2014 to 2015.
Laura specialises in private construction law. Her focus is on advising clients conducting major construction projects in the fields of infrastructure and commercial buildings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an internationally significant infrastructure project, contentious as well as non-contentious.
Prior to joining the Firm, Laura handled, amongst others, the following matters:
- Advising a national company in an injunction proceeding against a federal authority, focused on services of public interest.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (DAV) - Member
- ARGE Baurecht im DAV - Member
- Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk (DNVW) - Member
- Germany (2014)
- Higher Court of Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2014)
- Free University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.