Bee Chun has over 23 years of experience in M&A transactions and has represented buyers and sellers from various industries—including oil and gas, mining, power, aviation and manufacturing. She has also been actively involved in private equity/venture capital transactions, has substantial experience in fund of funds investments, direct investments and the establishment of funds.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised CITIC Metal on its acquisition of an additional 10% stake in Ivanhoe Mines for CAD 612 million.
- Advised CITIC Metal on its acquisition of a 19.9% stake in Canadian mining company Ivanhoe Mines for USD 560 million.
- Represented a central SOE on its acquisition of significant hospitality and other assets and affiliated bank loans in Eastern Europe.
- Advised Evergrande Health Industry Group on its USD 2 billion significant minority investment in Faraday Future, an electric car company based in California.
- Advised IDG Energy on its minority strategic investment in Liquified Natural Gas Limited, an Australian listed company engaged in the LNG business.
- Advised the founders of Leyou, Inc., a company based in China distributing and manufacturing children's products, in relation to Warburg Pincus' USD 200 million proposed acquisition of all the shares in Leyou Inc.
- Advised Hangzhou Binjiang, an A-shares listed company, on its majority investment in a mixed use development in downtown Seattle.
- Advised CITIC Metal on its joint venture with Minmetals and China Reform Holdings (an investment company of the Chinese Government) to acquire the Peruvian Las Bambas copper project from Glencore for a total purchase price of approximately USD 5.8 billion.
- Advised a Chinese private enterprise on its proposed acquisition of 100% of the equity interests in a European based pharmaceutical company.
- Advised State Grid Corporation of China on its acquisition of seven high voltage electricity transmission assets in Brazil.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Singapore (1997)
- National University of Singapore (1996)
- Hong Kong