Bee Chun has over 25 years of experience in M&A transactions and has represented buyers and sellers from various industries—including healthcare, energy, mining, technology and industrials. She has also been actively involved in private equity/venture capital transactions, has substantial experience in fund of funds investments, direct investments and the establishment of funds.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a consortium of foreign pension funds on their proposed acquisition of minority equity stakes in two toll road projects in Indonesia.
- Acted for the Electricity Generating Public Company Limited on the disposal of its entire shares in three geothermal power plants in Indonesia to Star Energy Group Holdings Pte. Ltd., for a total consideration of USD 485 million.
- Advised Kewalram Chanrai Group on the sale of its 100% interest in EcoOils Group ("EcoOils"), a waste oil recycling business, to Shell Eastern Petroleum ("Shell"). Under the agreement, Shell will acquire all of EcoOils' Malaysian business and 90% of its Indonesian subsidiary.
- Advised S&P Global, a financial information and data analytics provider listed on NYSE on its investment into DC Frontiers Pte. Ltd. (also known as Handshakes), a data analytics and risk monitoring solution platform specialising in corporate intelligence.
- Advised Lineage Logistics, one of the world’s largest temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider on its SGD 132 million acquisition of Mandai Link Logistics, a cold food storage solutions business in Singapore.
- Acted as international counsel of CITIC Group on its investment in China Huarong Asset Management, which investment is a part of a USD 6.5 billion PRC state-back bailout of China Huarong Asset Management and CITIC Group was the lead investor in such bailout.
- Advised The Stock Exchange of Thailand in its pre-series B investment into ICHX Tech Pte. Ltd., the holding company of ADDX, which operates a private market exchange.
- Advised Economic Development Innovations Singapore on its minority investment in Addvalue Technologies Ltd, a Singapore listed company engaged in the business of developing leading satellite technologies.
- Advised Genki Forest in relation to its acquisition of a 5% minority stake in AustAsia Investment Holdings from a leading pan-Asian industrial agri-food company Japfa for USD 58.4 million.
- Advised China National Bluestar on its disposal of 100% of the equity interests in REC Solar, a pioneering Norwegian solar energy company with manufacturing and operational hubs all over the world, to Reliance Industries for an enterprise value of USD 771 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Singapore (1997)
- National University of Singapore (1996)
- Hong Kong