Jerzy Bombczyński is an advocate admitted to practice in Poland, a counsel and the head of the Financial Services Regulatory and Investment Funds Practice at Baker McKenzie in Warsaw.
He graduated with distinction from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw in 2012, also studying law at Stockholm University between 2011 and 2012. Jerzy completed postgraduate studies on the Warsaw School of Economics: Risk Management in Financial Institutions (2021) and Management of Corporate Restructuring (2020). He qualified as an advocate in 2016.
Prior to joining the Firm in December 2022, Jerzy worked at a leading Polish financial institution and asset manager. He worked also at another renowned global law firm starting from 2012. Following the withdrawal of the global firm from Poland, he worked as a counsel at the banking & finance practice focusing on regulatory matters at a Polish independent law firm founded by the partners of that global law firm.
Jerzy has experience in financial regulations and regulatory M&A transactions, including CRR, BRRD, MIFID, SFDR and AIFMD-related matters and issues concerning recovery plans, resolution mechanisms, risk management, ESG regulations, as well as the operation and liquidation of investment funds and AIFMs.
Jerzy combines expertise in various areas of regulatory law and risk management, with extensive experience advising financial institutions in respect of a number of cross-border finance transactions, restructuring projects and international offerings of debt securities.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Jerzy:
- Managed the regulated merger of group of largest investment funds operated by Polish Development Fund on the basis of the AIFM outsourcing agreements.
- Managed the regulated transaction involving acquisition of investment certificates of two real estate investment funds by Polish Development Fund from Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego.
- Advised Bank Pekao S.A. in the acquisition of certain assets, rights and liabilities of Idea Bank S.A., in the course of a resolution process commenced by the Bank Guarantee Fund.
- Advised BPH TFI S.A. in connection with the restructuring of the indebtedness of the real estate portfolio and the sale of the mortgage receivables of banks as a part of a transaction concerning the sale of a property portfolio of 11 office and retail buildings.
- Advised consortium of investors, including Polish Development Fund, in connection with the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of DCT Gdansk S.A.
- Advised Raiffeisen Bank International on its dual track process concerning the sale of Raiffeisen Bank Polska.
- Warsaw University
- Stockholm University
- Warsaw School of Economics