Rebecca is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Intellectual Property and Technology team, based in London. She joined the Firm in 2016 as a trainee and was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2018.
Rebecca’s practice focuses on a broad range of digital technologies with a particular focus on intermediary liability, product counsel and copyright. She also advises on a range of consumer, privacy and commercial law issues. Rebecca also has contentious experience after assisting with a patent and design infringement case at the High Court on behalf of a global cosmetics company.
Representative Legal Matters
- Providing complex advice to a number of new media, social and online platform clients, relating to intermediary liability and cutting-edge product counsel issues.
- Assisting with practical and legal challenges in the fundraising sector, including assisting with expansion into the European market, fundraising regulation and associated data privacy compliance.
- Assisting social media platform with expansion into Latin America, with a particular focus on advertising regulation as well as advising on data protection and commercial considerations.
- Advising a number of new media, social and online platform clients in relation to content regulation, platform regulation, and associated digital media issues.
- Managing global legislation and policy tracker covering copyright, intermediary liability and counterfeit issues for major social media platform.
- Advising major social media platform on compliance with the Digital Single Market Copyright Directive 2019.
- Advising a variety of clients on the EU General Data Protection Regulation including advising on the implementing steps required from a legal and practical perspective as well as advising on ongoing compliance.
- Providing data privacy advice in connection with KKR's USD 4.3 billion investment deal in multinational cosmetics company Coty Inc.
- Acting for a major cosmetics brand in patent and design infringement case at the High Court.
- Working closely alongside the licensing department of a global events and brand management company to draft international IP licensing agreements, supply agreements and advising on contract negotiation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- BakerWomen Steering Committee - Member
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2018)
- (Legal Practice Course) (2016)
- University of Bristol (LLB Law) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.