Kevin Ardüser is an associate in the Zurich office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. He previously worked at Baker McKenzie as a trainee lawyer in 2017 and student trainee in 2015. Kevin Ardüser studied law at the University of Zurich (BLaw, MLaw), at Tsinghua University in Beijing, and at Doshisha University in Kyoto (LL.M.). He gained experience working with various law firms in Switzerland and Japan, at the Public Prosecutor's Office in Zug, in a Swiss Bank, and as a teaching assistant in Japan. He was admitted as an attorney at law and notary in Zug in 2019 and rejoined the Firm in 2020.
Kevin Ardüser advises domestic and international clients in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, corporate transactions, corporate reorganizations and restructurings, joint ventures as well as general corporate, commercial, and contract law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika AG on the CHF 5.5 billion acquisition of Master Builders Construction Chemicals Group from Lone Star Funds.
- Advised Chord Therapeutics SA and its shareholders on the sale of all shares in Chord Therapeutics SA to Merck KGaA, which enabled Merck KGaA to expand its neurology portfolio in multiple sclerosis.
- Advised South Pole Holding AG, a company developing and implementing emission reduction strategies, on their purchase of Italian Carbonsinkgroup s.r.l., which helped accelerate climate ambitions and the transition to a climate-smart society.
- Advised the shareholders of Artum AG, comprising of 15 operating companies and 490 employees, on their exit from the investment to Swedish Storskogen AB.
- Advised a consortium of VC funds on their CHF 55.5 million investment into Anjarium Biosciences AG, a company focusing on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapies.
- Advised UK based International Schools Partnership, a leading global group of high-quality independent schools providing the best education to children and students, in the acquisition of two schools in the Geneva region.
- Advised the shareholders of Assentis Technologies AG, a major software and service provider, on the sale of their shares to Smartcomms SC Limited, the only provider of a customer conversations management platform.
- Advised various clients in domestic and cross-border sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Advised various companies in domestic and cross-border reorganizations and restructurings.
- Switzerland (2019)
- Doshisha University (LL.M.) (2016)
- University of Zurich (MLaw) (2016)
- University of Zurich (BLaw) (2014)
- Tsinghua University (Exchange Program) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.