Kevin Ardüser joined Baker McKenzie Zurich as an M&A associate in 2020 (previously as trainee lawyer in 2017 and student trainee in 2015). He has been working as a visiting associate in the Madrid office since October 2022. Apart from his work at Baker McKenzie, he gained experience working with various law firms in Switzerland, the US and Japan, and he has worked at a public prosecutor's office in Switzerland, in a Swiss Bank, in a non-profit organization in the US and as a teaching assistant in Japan.
Kevin Ardüser studied law at the University of Zurich (BLaw, MLaw), at Tsinghua University in Beijing and at Doshisha University in Kyoto (LL.M.). He was admitted as an attorney at law in Switzerland and notary public in Zug in 2019.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika AG on the CHF 5.5 billion acquisition of Master Builders Construction Chemicals Group from Lone Star Funds.
- Advised McAfee Corporation on the USD 4 billion divestiture of its enterprise business to a consortium led by Symphony Technology Group.
- Advised Thales on the sale of its global ground transportation systems business with an enterprise value of EUR 1.66 billion to Hitachi.
- Advised Chord Therapeutics SA and its shareholders on the sale of all shares in Chord Therapeutics SA to Merck KGaA, which enabled Merck KGaA to expand its neurology portfolio in multiple sclerosis.
- Advised South Pole Holding AG, a company developing and implementing emission reduction strategies, on their purchase of Italian Carbonsinkgroup s.r.l., which helped accelerate climate ambitions and the transition to a climate-smart society.
- Advised the shareholders of Artum AG, comprising of 15 operating companies and 490 employees, on their exit from the investment to Swedish Storskogen AB.
- Advised a consortium of VC funds on their CHF 55.5 million investment into Anjarium Biosciences AG, a company focusing on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapies.
- Advised UK based International Schools Partnership, a leading global group of high-quality independent schools providing the best education to children and students, in the acquisition of two schools in the Geneva region.
- Advised the shareholders of Assentis Technologies AG, a major software and service provider, on the sale of their shares to Smartcomms SC Limited, the only provider of a customer conversations management platform.
- Advised various clients in domestic and cross-border sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Advised various companies in domestic and cross-border reorganizations and restructurings.
- Switzerland (2019)
- Doshisha University (LL.M.) (2016)
- University of Zurich (MLaw) (2016)
- University of Zurich (BLaw) (2014)
- Tsinghua University (Exchange Program) (2013)